The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1989 Good Game Thread

By setherick
6/15/2020 7:49 pm
It was Bryson10's old team.

By Smirt211
6/15/2020 7:51 pm
Yes! I pulled off that insanity when going head to head with him in MFN-74. Crazy stat line like that and got beat for the title. But, yeah, he ran away and hid with the intangibles with that team. Slippery picked it up and ran off another 6 titles. Slippery can ball but 6 in a row vs. that GM talent base = 0% chance.

By Cjfred68
6/15/2020 8:01 pm
I had a 9,000 yard passing season but only 68 TDs......and the team wasn't a title contender at all so I was just throwing it up there with no regard.

119 TD passes is insane...7.43 per game!!!

By setherick
6/15/2020 8:02 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
I had a 9,000 yard passing season but only 68 TDs......and the team wasn't a title contender at all so I was just throwing it up there with no regard.

119 TD passes is insane...7.43 per game!!!

In the Speed vs Speed games of pre-0.4.5, he mastered override the TE with a 95+ SP WR and running the Double Outs and WR Deep.

By Cjfred68
6/15/2020 8:06 pm
Record in USFL is 7,803 yards and 63 TDs

By Smirt211
6/15/2020 8:14 pm
Plus, looking back now he rode the PA Roll-out into the ground to avoid sack and pressure scenarios.

By CrazyRazor
6/15/2020 8:20 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Yes! I pulled off that insanity when going head to head with him in MFN-74. Crazy stat line like that and got beat for the title. But, yeah, he ran away and hid with the intangibles with that team. Slippery picked it up and ran off another 6 titles. Slippery can ball but 6 in a row vs. that GM talent base = 0% chance.

SlipperySlope is a known cheater (tanking for top pick). Anybody can ball when they drop games intentionally for the sake of stacking their roster. He gets minimal credit. That was Bryson10's team from the day Private 75 was created until the day he left MFN. Slippery's titles were merely residual from the roster that was there when he took over.

By Infinity on Trial
6/15/2020 8:33 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
All right!!!!! Showboats are next and Tony "MVP" Dean had this one circled on the schedule.....could be the difference between the #1 or #6 seed.

Sadly, my best CB is sidelined for a couple of weeks. I fear the worst from Tony "MVP WR" Dean.

Thats Tony "MVP QB" Dean.....but I get what you are saying....I have 8 players injured and all but 1 or 2 will sit.....injuries aside, it will be a close game either way most likely.

Ol' noodlearm doesn't scare me. Ahrens gives me nightmares.

By Smirt211
6/15/2020 8:43 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
Smirt211 wrote:

SlipperySlope is a known cheater (tanking for top pick). Anybody can ball when they drop games intentionally for the sake of stacking their roster. He gets minimal credit. That was Bryson10's team from the day Private 75 was created until the day he left MFN. Slippery's titles were merely residual from the roster that was there when he took over.

Yeah, I think it's garbage that the sim engine allowed for a succession of 6 straight titles built off of Bryson's roster structure and built in intangibles. That's a lot of f***'ing titles. I could understand him catching the next 2 but it's absurd he wasn't stopped with that GM talent base in Private-75 which doubles back to Arcata as a team must be overpowered to INFINITY lol levels to have not been toppled. (infinity as in infinite potency)

By setherick
6/15/2020 8:49 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Plus, looking back now he rode the PA Roll-out into the ground to avoid sack and pressure scenarios.

For a brief time in 0.4.3-0.4.4, this was the best play in the book. A 80-90 SP QB would roll out and fling it 60 yards, or he would take off running like Mike Vick.