The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1989 Good Game Thread

By setherick
6/12/2020 11:25 pm
Yes, I keep a DB of plays that work and actively share information to anyone that asks about it. I walked someone through how to set up their own a few months ago.

A DB that IoT is currently suspended from using. :)

I agree with Fred there are a number of ways to win in MFN. The two that I've seen work consistently are superior personnel in a simplified system with good defensive game planning (call it the IoT system) or superior game planning with adequate personnel.

I always make the assumption that I will never have the players I want, so I have to figure out what works for that game. (And then obviously actually call the right plays.)
Last edited at 6/12/2020 11:27 pm

By AlexanDragon
6/13/2020 12:01 am
setherick wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:
setherick wrote:
You got your revenge AD. Next time I will actually set my rules correctly and only run the 3-4 C1 against the 212 on 1st down only like I intended.

That is Chinese to me...

Maybe you should ask IoT. ;)

In the future, keep in mind that he doesn't know my game plan because I change it per game.

When are you gonna walk the talk man?
Can't be making those accusations like that and hope to get away without closure

By dfisherman
6/13/2020 9:13 am
trslick wrote:
GG Sun

GG trslick, it was a good game to watch.

By setherick
6/13/2020 9:29 am
AlexanDragon wrote:
Can't be making those accusations like that and hope to get away without closure

Per Infinity outside of MFN:

All I told Alex was to pull his 122 passes and run more. Not sure if he actually did either
[/quote]

My reply:

[quote]it wouldn't have mattered
I messed my defensive game plan up something awful
mostly because of lack of sleep
I was supposed to call the 3-4 C1 against the 203 on all downs
called it against the 212 instead

Look, if you can't take a good ribbing about reaching out to my IRL best friend (of 20+ years) about tips on how to beat me, and then think that I'm serious (ever) on the boards, then I question who is actually "walking the walk" in this situation.

I told you in the first thread that I messed up my defensive game plan, and you got lucky on the Hitch plays early and I didn't get lucky on the Hitch plays late.

The sad thing here is that so many games are decided on who gets lucky on the Hitch call.

Update: By the way, his advice of pulling the 122 plays is valuable to everyone to consider. Check the defense your opponent runs against them if you don't want sacked or intercepted ... a lot.
Last edited at 6/13/2020 9:41 am

By AlexanDragon
6/14/2020 9:08 pm
You still think I asked for his help just to beat you? Your ears are clogged up big time !
All I asked him is if I didn't have any long passes selected will it still call a random long pass play because I didn't touch my sliders.
How is that supposed to beat you? oh Master of gameplan.
How bout you go read all those ******* private messages and apologize to me afterwards ok? Thank you

By Infinity on Trial
6/14/2020 9:11 pm
I really hope there's a third matchup between these two before the season is over.

By setherick
6/14/2020 11:53 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
I really hope there's a third matchup between these two before the season is over.

I've stopped paying attention. Someone can't figure out when someone else is being sarcastic for the sake being sarcastic on the board. Sad.

Also, I would re-read the PMs, but there was a whole lot of cursing even for my standards. I mean if someone is upset about me playing a LB at DE, then I would rather that person call it BS on a public forum rather than in PM to someone else, but whatever.

Also, who considers themselves a hardcore football game planner, but only ever watches the Super Bowl?
Last edited at 6/14/2020 11:58 pm

By Hellbringer
6/15/2020 5:32 am
GG CJ. You have a good system running down there.

By Cjfred68
6/15/2020 8:16 am
Hellbringer wrote:
GG CJ. You have a good system running down there.

GG Hellbringer...thanks!....part system...part roster...mostly luck!

By Dogboyuk75
6/15/2020 8:58 am
Gg Greg too strong for me again good luck for rest of season hope the gap next year is even closer