The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1989 Good Game Thread

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/06/2020 2:20 am
Good game Royce. I switched up my defense for what it's worth. Good luck going forward.

By Smirt211
7/06/2020 3:11 am
Well, not much I can do about that.... *pulls up roster, shakes head - season's worth of effort*

Good luck going forward, CR. You did a phenomenal job in holding us down offensively! I'll be rooting for you to go on a deep playoff run.
Last edited at 7/06/2020 3:16 am

By Hellbringer
7/06/2020 4:34 am
Cjfred68 wrote:
**** of a battle Hellbringer.....I got lucky enough to edge you out.

Shouldn't matter much as I have Lil Einstein and if by some miracle I win Einstein after that!

Pretty sloppy with all the turnovers. I have to admit I'm confused with your defensive playcalling that game. Best of luck going forward

By AlexanDragon
7/06/2020 5:57 am
Cjfred68 wrote:
Shouldn't matter much as I have Lil Einstein and if by some miracle I win Einstein after that!

Thank you! My dad is actually a big fan of Einstein. He'll be glad to hear someone called me Einstein :)

Great battle slick! I love close games like this in playoffs, shows real titgh competitivity in a league.
Last edited at 7/06/2020 6:00 am

By Cjfred68
7/06/2020 8:09 am
Hellbringer wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
**** of a battle Hellbringer.....I got lucky enough to edge you out.

Pretty sloppy with all the turnovers. I have to admit I'm confused with your defensive playcalling that game. Best of luck going forward

You ain't the only one confused. I have no idea how that happened. It wasn't what I gameplanned

By trslick
7/06/2020 10:00 am
GG Gold

By CrazyRazor
7/06/2020 4:12 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Well, not much I can do about that.... *pulls up roster, shakes head - season's worth of effort*

Good luck going forward, CR. You did a phenomenal job in holding us down offensively! I'll be rooting for you to go on a deep playoff run.

Thanks Smirt. I hope I can keep the momentum going. The next one will be just as tough in Baltimore.
Last edited at 7/06/2020 4:13 pm

By Infinity on Trial
7/07/2020 9:34 am
Cjfred68 wrote:
I have no idea how that happened. It wasn't what I gameplanned

I don't believe you. It doesn't take an Einstein to figure it out.

By Cjfred68
7/07/2020 2:03 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
I have no idea how that happened. It wasn't what I gameplanned

I don't believe you. It doesn't take an Einstein to figure it out.

I honestly could care less if you believe me or not.

I have zero reason to lie about something like that. Hellbringer mentioned being confused about my defense so I checked the play by play and realized my defense kept calling the same play.

I'm the one that brought that to light in the forum because I'm confused about the why??

If you wanna believe I'm not telling the truth then by all means believe that.

Somehow I got lucky and won despite the limited defense called as I gave up 341 yards of total offense, got 3 INTs and 0 sacks.

I have nothing but respect for Hellbringer and I wouldnt try some 1 play defense, especially in the playoffs for the 1st time ever.

I've gone over my defensive play matrix and double checked every rule and it just doesn't make sense to me.

I dont see the upside of calling that play every down as I gave up 8.52 yards a carry. Sure I got 3 INTs but absolutely no pressure and as previously stated, I got lucky to come away with the win.

By Infinity on Trial
7/07/2020 4:01 pm
You called a single play 69 out of 71 snaps. Whether you did that intentionally or by accident, it was because of something you changed for that game, and it wouldn't be difficult to figure out what it was.

For the record, I'm not opposed to calling the same play every down.