The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1989 Good Game Thread

By Cjfred68
7/07/2020 4:04 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
You called a single play 69 out of 71 snaps. Whether you did that intentionally or by accident, it was because of something you changed for that game, and it wouldn't be difficult to figure out what it was.

For the record, I'm not opposed to calling the same play every down.

Yeah I know.....yet I created no new rules....my play call matrix remained the same and I had 19 different defensive plays selected.....if it was easy to figure out....I would have done so.....thats why I'm confused....it doesnt make sense.

All it accomplished....besides a lucky win was 2 CBs getting injured since I was in the dime formation all game.

I went over the entire gameplan and it should not have happened....Ive seen stuff like this happen before
Last edited at 7/07/2020 4:12 pm

By Mcarovil
7/07/2020 8:23 pm
Grand Dad B would not approve of this.

Cjfred68 wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
You called a single play 69 out of 71 snaps. Whether you did that intentionally or by accident, it was because of something you changed for that game, and it wouldn't be difficult to figure out what it was.

For the record, I'm not opposed to calling the same play every down.

Yeah I know.....yet I created no new rules....my play call matrix remained the same and I had 19 different defensive plays selected.....if it was easy to figure out....I would have done so.....thats why I'm confused....it doesnt make sense.

All it accomplished....besides a lucky win was 2 CBs getting injured since I was in the dime formation all game.

I went over the entire gameplan and it should not have happened....Ive seen stuff like this happen before

By setherick
7/07/2020 8:30 pm
It looks like you took out all the other plays in your book. Did your game plan get cleared? That is a legit bug that has happened to others. I forget what causes it.

At least you called a play that shuts down the Flare and the Hitch pretty regularly.
Last edited at 7/07/2020 8:31 pm

By Cjfred68
7/07/2020 9:01 pm
setherick wrote:
It looks like you took out all the other plays in your book. Did your game plan get cleared? That is a legit bug that has happened to others. I forget what causes it.

At least you called a play that shuts down the Flare and the Hitch pretty regularly.

No. I save the gameplan everytime and of course thats the first thing I checked. All my defensive plays were selected and since I added no new rules....I double checked the active ones and none of them would have led to this.

I would understand if I made a new rule and screwed up or if I accidentally cleared the plays but neither was the case.

This happened to me a long time ago in the Arena league with a different play....lost that game like 80-10 or something and never could figure out why.

Its not good if the sim will go somewhere you aren't telling it to go. I checked everything in my gameplan and nothing points to this happening.

With the play matrix and rules....1 man deep should be called at most 40% of the time and I had 6 different 1 man deep plays to choose from.

At a complete lose and will see what happens in my next game. The previous game had 1 deep man, 2 deep man, corner blitz, man and 3 deep man called with multiple plays in several of them.....I didn't add any rules or change the play matrix at all.

By setherick
7/07/2020 9:03 pm
Here's the thread I was thinking about: https://nfl.myfootballnow.com/community/6/5432?page=1

But it doesn't look like that's what you hit.

By Cjfred68
7/07/2020 9:08 pm
I dont have any rules to go a specific play.....just a formation so even if all the rolls called for the 1 deep man to be called everytime...... million to 1 that happens when the play matrix is set to 35%.......I had 6 1 deep man plays to chose from and it chose the same one 69 out of 71 times.

It is what it is.....would have sucked if it caused me to lose but I got real lucky.

I dont know how or why it happened but it did