The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1989 Good Game Thread

By Hellbringer
6/24/2020 11:13 am
GG Chicago

By Infinity on Trial
6/24/2020 2:41 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
Oh well....the division is all you. Out classed again and looks like I can't compete against the big boys. I guess I will have to coast in as a wildcard team but whats the point really!

I got you this time, but you've gotten me before (and will again). And I didn't even sack you.

Well Mr. Dean has only been sacked twice all season....its in his contract....you should hear him cry about the 2 that occurred.

As for competing again, I'm not sure....I mean you and Seth have fancy graphs with squiggly lines that track deviated septums, a database full of all the owners personal information, not to mention that robotic squirrel you guys have named SQL.

I'm not exactly sure what the squirrel does but all I have is 2 thumbs (opposable), the NFL package and a ton of Airplane....the Movie gifs.

We're just tracking our own stats and looking for ways to understand which plays work most efficiently. And by "we" I mean seth does all the work and answers my questions.

He's also been generous about sharing this information, and I'm happy to give advice or discuss strategy with anyone. But we should find another forum for that, lest Greg get tired of reading about it and lock this thread.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/24/2020 3:24 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
Oh well....the division is all you. Out classed again and looks like I can't compete against the big boys. I guess I will have to coast in as a wildcard team but whats the point really!

I got you this time, but you've gotten me before (and will again). And I didn't even sack you.

Well Mr. Dean has only been sacked twice all season....its in his contract....you should hear him cry about the 2 that occurred.

As for competing again, I'm not sure....I mean you and Seth have fancy graphs with squiggly lines that track deviated septums, a database full of all the owners personal information, not to mention that robotic squirrel you guys have named SQL.

I'm not exactly sure what the squirrel does but all I have is 2 thumbs (opposable), the NFL package and a ton of Airplane....the Movie gifs.

We're just tracking our own stats and looking for ways to understand which plays work most efficiently. And by "we" I mean seth does all the work and answers my questions.

He's also been generous about sharing this information, and I'm happy to give advice or discuss strategy with anyone. But we should find another forum for that, lest Greg get tired of reading about it and lock this thread.

Well this is the good game thread, so yeah you should post it somewhere else.

By Cjfred68
6/24/2020 3:45 pm

It's a game and I'm having fun. I really don't care what you guys do or share.
I think I'm at 114 seasons where I didn't win a title....thats the norm for all of us.

There can be only one

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/24/2020 3:55 pm
It would get more eyeballs in a separate thread anyway instead of being buried here

By setherick
6/24/2020 4:37 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
It would get more eyeballs in a separate thread anyway instead of being buried here

I agree. The next post will definitely be of interest to a lot of folks since it focuses on defending the 221 long passes.

By Dash
6/24/2020 5:13 pm
GG Seth

shutdown Mckeon and that was the plan, 2 sacks is better than 11 lol. Gl rest of the way

By setherick
6/24/2020 5:22 pm
Dash wrote:
GG Seth

shutdown Mckeon and that was the plan, 2 sacks is better than 11 lol. Gl rest of the way

Yeah, I was kind of hoping that you wouldn't have exposed him that badly. Now I'll have to ready game plans 2, 3 and 4.

By Dash
6/24/2020 6:49 pm
setherick wrote:
Yeah, I was kind of hoping that you wouldn't have exposed him that badly. Now I'll have to ready game plans 2, 3 and 4.

I had a little birdie in my ear i can't take all the credit. you know who you are.

By setherick
6/24/2020 6:52 pm
Dash wrote:
setherick wrote:

I had a little birdie in my ear i can't take all the credit. you know who you are.

The FB Weak dive was a nice play call that I wouldn't have thought of immediately, but it makese sense. I didn't check your overrides. Did you override that guy?