The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1989 Good Game Thread

By CrazyRazor
5/23/2020 1:10 am
I don't think you can change it game to game or at any point after the games start.

By Cjfred68
5/23/2020 2:55 am
CrazyRazor wrote:
I don't think you can change it game to game or at any point after the games start.

As admin you can change it every day if you want under the edit league tab. But that opens a pandora's box and the injury slider should be set before the season and left alone.

Personally, I would have quit this sim long ago without injuries. To me, they are a fun challenge when it comes to the roster management side of this game.

Injuries in this game are 1000 times less then the real NFL where teams send multiple players per season to injured reserve over the course of a season. The injury rates for QB are minimal and still the complaints come about injuries.

The Philadelphia Eagles sent 13 players to injured reserve last season and I'm willing to bet most owners in MFN have 1 at most per season if any.

Its easy to look at injuries and how they effect your team but every owner is dealing with some sort of injuries and it comes in waves at times.

Raidergreg holds the personal record in my experience when his USFL team had 20 during one season and he still somehow managed to make the playoffs but anything over 10 is a nightmare.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
5/23/2020 3:53 am
Cjfred68 wrote:
I would be against any changing of the injury rate during the season...preseason included.

I agree 100%. The time to ask for the change would have been prior to kickoff. We can put it to a vote, and if it passes, I'll implement the change for 1990.

Injuries ****, but everyone was in the same boat conditioning wise coming into the game. Sometimes Ki-Jana Carter happens...google him if you don't know.

By Smirt211
5/23/2020 8:31 am
What I'm saying is we collectively take a step back and see if the data proofs out between Private-75, Paydirt, here and toss in whatever high level leagues possesses 100% injury rates for analytical purposes.

Focus on the opening salvo of Preseason Game #1 and see if the sim even gives a chance before it wings and dings all in sight.

By CrazyRazor
5/23/2020 12:13 pm
I've never, not once concerned, myself with which players are injured on my teams or for how long. I'm quite certain I've lost many a game due to injuries. It just doesn't bother me that much, if a pixel gets put down for 10 weeks or not. I'm here to have fun & deal with my team the way it is presented to me.

My mentality is : "Ok. He's hurt. Gotta bench him to heal. Next guy up!"

By Cjfred68
5/23/2020 12:57 pm
Focusing on preseason game 1 injuries doesn't take in account all the injuries we avoid during OTAs, Training Camp and even these bizarre off the field accidents.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/list/nfl-offseason-injuries-off-field-freak-accidents/1xz4wmbfru7cv189iycyjybjey

By Dogboyuk75
5/25/2020 1:33 am
Nice scrimmage Denver good luck for the season my friend

By trslick
5/25/2020 9:04 am
Good practice greg!

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
5/25/2020 11:14 am
trslick wrote:
Good practice greg!

Good practice slick, I'm really hoping my offense carries this into the regular season. See you again in Week 5, good luck this season.

By trslick
5/27/2020 12:56 pm
Good practice Stars!