The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1989 Good Game Thread

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
5/21/2020 5:18 pm
Hopefully everyone has minimal injuries in these meaningless games. Happy 1989, I'll be legally allowed to drink next year.

Re: 1989 Good Game Thread

By trslick
5/22/2020 8:59 am
Good practice Bell!

By Smirt211
5/22/2020 10:03 am
We're at 100% injury rate? Glanced through the stickied section...

Something occurred to me as I lost a play maker right at the start....we're at the complete mercy of the sim engine until conditioning is built up. There's absolutely nothing you can do but watch and pray as Preseason Game #1 commences and the plays start.

I recommend Preseason Rate - 75%, Regular Season - As Is or something to give us some protection for the outta the gate, no conditioning lightning bolts in which we stand before the sim with our hands/boxing mitts down, no defense - socked to the jaw. lol

By Infinity on Trial
5/22/2020 10:14 am
I don't mind the 100% setting because it provides a serious risk to GMs who like to play their stars 100 snaps per game. Personally, I would prefer four preseason games because it allows me to keep snap counts low while players gain conditioning. It also gives rookies and backups a chance to gain experience and play knowledge.

By RoyceR
5/22/2020 12:55 pm
I think smirt is just saying to turn it down for the preseason and then back up for regular season. Which sounds like a good idea to me but I hate to make greg have to remember to do to much stuff

By Smirt211
5/22/2020 12:59 pm
Yes. As Preseason Game #1 opens up and plays occur you're at the sim's mercy. It came right out the gate coming for DE Curtis Taylor. 100% is too high for the preseason. Before your fatigue rates can factor in, division of carries or any means to avoid injuries - the 100% can easily get you. It's too high for the opening moments with 0% conditioning. Sim is designed to injury at that rate; especially the teams whom stood out the prior season - records and placement wise.

By Dogboyuk75
5/22/2020 1:30 pm
gg slick nice scrimmage good luck for season my friend

By Dash
5/22/2020 5:35 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Yes. As Preseason Game #1 opens up and plays occur you're at the sim's mercy. It came right out the gate coming for DE Curtis Taylor. 100% is too high for the preseason. Before your fatigue rates can factor in, division of carries or any means to avoid injuries - the 100% can easily get you. It's too high for the opening moments with 0% conditioning. Sim is designed to injury at that rate; especially the teams whom stood out the prior season - records and placement wise.

As an owner who got hit with the bad preseason injury bug. 7 Injuries in game 1 including Long term injuries to my starting RB Franks (6 weeks) and Starting MLB Davis (9 weeks) Starting LG Finch questionable (5 weeks) and DT 1&2 (2 and 1 weeks) I really feel like its too high, i even had my fatigue settings VERY low.

By Smirt211
5/22/2020 5:38 pm
nods Maybe in the past it wouldn't be. I think it's a combo of 100% and having no chance to get the conditioning upward. The fur is flying right at the first play with injury pop-up notifications.

Broken down I believe really and I'm not sure how it works (like if Greg can change it from game to game)....Preseason Game #1 itself is what needs the assistance. At least by Preseason Game #2 your players have started on the conditioning journey.

Sorry about your injuries. :(
Last edited at 5/22/2020 5:38 pm

By Cjfred68
5/22/2020 10:02 pm
I would be against any changing of the injury rate during the season...preseason included.

Its a roster management sim....injuries are a part of that......everyone is playing under the same rules so nobody is at an advantage or disadvantage.