The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1989 Good Game Thread

By Cjfred68
6/19/2020 4:47 pm
Seth....you gameplan in what 2 leagues?

I own 6 teams and admin 5 of those leagues....I do weekly power rankings, track championships won by all owners....Im almost done the owners stat page for 33 owners that were in or are in Champions. I have an alltime stat page in XFL plus a Hall of Fame and 1st round draft history review for every team. Not to mention my playoff breakdowns and reviews.

My hands are pretty full without doing anything owner wise for my 6 teams so Baltimore in Champions became the team I'm rebuilding and spent little time gameplanning with.

Let me put it this way....Ive completed 145 seasons in MFN and I've been to 46 title games. I may not be as smart as you but I do know how to win
Last edited at 6/19/2020 4:50 pm

By Cjfred68
6/19/2020 5:17 pm
BOTTOM LINE.

I said my peace....listen, learn or ignore it.

Clearly 53 sacks in 10 games is out of whack but hey thats just me....

Keep throwing the long pass and let's get him to 100!!!!

By Mcarovil
6/20/2020 9:28 am
Sounds like a fun league.
Cjfred68 wrote:
I had a 9,000 yard passing season but only 68 TDs......and the team wasn't a title contender at all so I was just throwing it up there with no regard.

119 TD passes is insane...7.43 per game!!!

By Mcarovil
6/20/2020 9:30 am
Don’t forget the change to QBs. 4.4 you could build a contender with a QB with only a few attributes. The release of 4.5 set some teams. At least mine, back to rebuild as the QB play changed dramatically.
Cjfred68 wrote:
Dogboyuk75 wrote:
this is nature of the game im afraid,if coaches wanna build roster to attack short passing game or bring in strong arm quarterback fast receivers and be a deep ball team,game would be **** if we all played the same style

You act that their is a choice.....you think I dont wanna throw long passes because I prefer a short passing game?

I threw for over 9000 yards in the last stable version (4.3)....JBD destroyed long passing intentionally.....it doesn't work and to keep trying to throw long passes all game will win you nothing.

Anyone who has had success under 4.5 has had to adopt to the short passing game to win.....thats the way it is. The choice is do I adapt and win or not and lose.

The trick is You can still have long plays under the short passing game. I'm right around 5000 yards and 45 TDs a season

By Infinity on Trial
6/20/2020 9:37 am
Mcarovil wrote:
Don’t forget the change to QBs. 4.4 you could build a contender with a QB with only a few attributes. The release of 4.5 set some teams. At least mine, back to rebuild as the QB play changed dramatically.

Don't forget to change QBs throughout the game. In the older code, rotating a bad QB would give you an instant boost because of the way endurance was calculated. Funny how certain players went from dominating to doormat when that was taken away.

By Cjfred68
6/20/2020 11:52 am
Mcarovil wrote:
Sounds like a fun league.
Cjfred68 wrote:
I had a 9,000 yard passing season but only 68 TDs......and the team wasn't a title contender at all so I was just throwing it up there with no regard.

119 TD passes is insane...7.43 per game!!!

Its still around...Arena League...ran by Michael77

By setherick
6/20/2020 2:42 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

Don't forget to change QBs throughout the game. In the older code, rotating a bad QB would give you an instant boost because of the way endurance was calculated. Funny how certain players went from dominating to doormat when that was taken away.

My favorite was when I was rebuilding a team in this league and went 8-8 with a QB with <20 accuracy.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/21/2020 8:44 am
Good luck in your first USFL game tonight pumph. I know my team looks good on paper, but I'm scouting blind. If you have any questions or concerns, let us know. We're here to help.

By Mcarovil
6/21/2020 2:12 pm
I enjoyed the platoon QB for a few seasons. Stumbled upon something that worked by mistake as my QBs were both average and inconsistent.

Reference the long pass, I haven’t run one in probably 4 years almost as long as I’ve been in MFN.

Infinity on Trial wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

By Dogboyuk75
6/22/2020 2:06 am
Gg hector both defences on top ,I just got lucky good luck for rest of season