The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1989 Good Game Thread

By Smirt211
6/19/2020 2:31 pm
Actually, this is the first time scanning through a box score for Setherick's team. 89/89 speed means you got a very brief window to get the ball out and survive. Sim engine makes an instant identification on such plays as the 2-1-2 TE Out and I saw a Weak I Go. It said - nope so any time it came up - you done.

Setherick mentioned me taking only 4 sacks in Champions. Basically, if you're running a careful game plan this player will get to you but limited and not a non-stop conga line. Which leads to CJ's trumpeting of stop calling long pass calls.

LB and the 89 acceleration makes it click click boom. Either you get it out like the quickest gun in the Wild West or you get dumped.

By setherick
6/19/2020 2:33 pm
I actually only sacked you once. I misremembered.

By Infinity on Trial
6/19/2020 2:33 pm
Also, I would attempt to punish setherick's scheme by pounding the ball in certain situations.

By setherick
6/19/2020 2:34 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Also, I would attempt to punish setherick's scheme by pounding the ball in certain situations.

I have a separate game plan for you. It has a lot of curse words in the title.

By Infinity on Trial
6/19/2020 2:34 pm
setherick wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:

I have a separate game plan for you. It has a lot of curse words in the title.

I hope your LB gets injured before I have to find out if it works.

By setherick
6/19/2020 2:54 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
If I use a 95 speed RB instead of Mckeon....he would get the sack as 600 pounds of offensive linemen block nothing while square dancng

But I'm not doing that, and I explicitly asked everyone in a public forum whether McKeon should be listed as a DE.

I'll give a full update for those people interested about what my complete strategy is for forcing a team into throwing more long passes.

By Smirt211
6/19/2020 2:59 pm
I believe it'd be an issue if it was a listed player and a player at the weight of the following positions: CB/SS/WR/RB.

LB @ DE is not an issue. You found a creative advantage through hard work. Opposition has to survive it; figure a way around it.

By Cjfred68
6/19/2020 3:03 pm
If you need any more proof that speed and acceleration matters above all else....

McKeon has 76 tackles to lead his team and 53 sacks to lead the world.

His tackle rating 48
His pass rush rating 54/56

His default rating is 59/60
My rating at WLB 73/74
My rating at LDE 52/62

He is a marginal player at best but it this league rich in history, All Pro balloting and a Hall of Fame...we will have to rewrite the record books again!

The game is serious broken when it comes to speed....you could literally build a team of LBers and DBs all with +85 speed and ignore everything else and reek havoc on an opponent.

I don't have the answer but I joined this game to play a football simulation and more and more its become about gaming the simulation.

Im old and stubborn so I want to play a LDE at LDE and a RT at RT so I build my team that way. I have RBs and WRs on all my teams. I like my RBs to be 217 pounds so they can take a beating even though it costs me speed. I look at so many teams position distribution and its 10 WRs and 10 CBs. I hope JDB fixes the game someday because I don't want to institute new rules in all my leagues about minimum weight for defensive linemen.

By Cjfred68
6/19/2020 3:06 pm
setherick wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
If I use a 95 speed RB instead of Mckeon....he would get the sack as 600 pounds of offensive linemen block nothing while square dancng

But I'm not doing that, and I explicitly asked everyone in a public forum whether McKeon should be listed as a DE.

I'll give a full update for those people interested about what my complete strategy is for forcing a team into throwing more long passes.

You can't force a team to throw .ore long passes.....its impossible to effect an offenses play calling

By setherick
6/19/2020 3:07 pm
You absolutely can if the GM you are playing has a bad game plan or a game plan that overcalls Long Passes on certain down and distances.
Last edited at 6/19/2020 3:08 pm