The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1989 Good Game Thread

By Mcarovil
7/04/2020 7:29 am
Don’t be a sore sport. Sport. It’s all good. **** happens. I don’t get upset or blame the sim when I’ve lost every game to you in a few other leagues. That’s life.

Happy July 4th for those that celebrate!!

Smirt211 wrote:
He won. I said it's not about that.

It's easy to talk tough when my team is decimated. *rolls eyes*

By Infinity on Trial
7/04/2020 9:11 am
Injury spikes can decimate anyone, but it helps to have 53 players on the roster and not play guys up to or over 100 snaps from game to game

By CrazyRazor
7/04/2020 12:07 pm
Smirt211 wrote:

I was referring to the excuses why you lost. I know another GM that did that. You know him, too. Winning was the most important thing to him, too - at any cost.

By Mcarovil
7/04/2020 12:10 pm
My favorite was “I forgot to game plan”. Weirdly it was only when he lost. Ah. Memories.
CrazyRazor wrote:
Smirt211 wrote:

I was referring to the excuses why you lost. I know another GM that did that. You know him, too. Winning was the most important thing to him, too - at any cost.

By Smirt211
7/04/2020 12:12 pm
No, no - Mac won.

Mac is difficult and we lost. I was complete picturing it. Lost out on the bye and the chance to heal Taylor - that's ok. Have to play in the bye - that's ok. The loss - ok.

But definitely in totality and with the 58 breaking tackle guy pinballing us on a couple plays and then coming out with all those injuries. I got overpowered on a player injury scale beyond losing the game. Not about the loss.

It happens. I'm trying my best in Round 1 and we'll see what happens and will try to battle each round but it's a brutal starting point.

Good luck in our game, bro.

By Smirt211
7/04/2020 12:13 pm
GDB just pulled up RB Parish in a game thread to ask him - hey I see you allowed 40 points in your last game which you never do....did you forget to game plan?

Passive aggressive needling.
Last edited at 7/04/2020 12:13 pm

By CrazyRazor
7/04/2020 12:39 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
No, no - Mac won.

Mac is difficult and we lost. I was complete picturing it. Lost out on the bye and the chance to heal Taylor - that's ok. Have to play in the bye - that's ok. The loss - ok.

But definitely in totality and with the 58 breaking tackle guy pinballing us on a couple plays and then coming out with all those injuries. I got overpowered on a player injury scale beyond losing the game. Not about the loss.

It happens. I'm trying my best in Round 1 and we'll see what happens and will try to battle each round but it's a brutal starting point.

Good luck in our game, bro.

A better explanation. Appreciated. I know how tough Mac is.
As for our game: Good luck to you, too. I certainly don't want your lack of attention. Both of us know this game is gonna be tough. Both have our doubts about winning.

By CrazyRazor
7/04/2020 12:42 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
GDB just pulled up RB Parish in a game thread to ask him - hey I see you allowed 40 points in your last game which you never do....did you forget to game plan?

Passive aggressive needling.

I avoid playing in leagues with him for the most part. I won't leave Salem in EFL, though.

By Smirt211
7/04/2020 12:55 pm
Just real quick before I read the posts.

I'm not going to come out in my initial post and say hey opponent my CB #1, CB #2, MLB #1, RDE #1 and whomever else I'm missing is out...! :)

I'm playing some, sitting others because with all out - I'm done.
Last edited at 7/04/2020 12:56 pm

By Cjfred68
7/06/2020 1:55 am
**** of a battle Hellbringer.....I got lucky enough to edge you out.

Shouldn't matter much as I have Lil Einstein and if by some miracle I win Einstein after that!