The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1989 Good Game Thread

By Infinity on Trial
6/15/2020 6:01 pm
setherick wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
All right!!!!! Showboats are next and Tony "MVP" Dean had this one circled on the schedule.....could be the difference between the #1 or #6 seed.

Sadly, my best CB is sidelined for a couple of weeks. I fear the worst from Tony "MVP WR" Dean.

I'd be happy if you both lost and left the door open for the #1 seed.

Hush, or I tell someone else how to hang 50 on you.

By Cjfred68
6/15/2020 6:14 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Dash wrote:
do i even dare say GG? scratching my head at that 44 point 2nd qtr where no extra point was even kicked lol

GG Infinity we knew we had no shot.

I'm still in disbelief. I think we decided to score six weeks worth of points in one quarter so we don't have to score any more for a while. When something like that happens, I feel like it has more to do with luck than skill. You're always a formidable opponent.

I've been saying this for years.....luck is a factor in this game especially when 2 owners are fairly equal at roster construction/management....gameplanning/rule making.

Even if a roll should be 99 your way....the roll can come up that 1 that goes against you.

I've talked to Smirt about this in the past...teams that win 3 titles in a row or goto 5 straight title games have either coaches or players with hidden clutch ratings which increases there chances of winning....pure speculation but some teams can't be beat for long stretches of time.

By Smirt211
6/15/2020 6:18 pm
Private-75, Arcata Tigers.

They were sitting AI and got picked up a few games ago. It was like 'no, why, please just let them fade!'

By Cjfred68
setherick wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
All right!!!!! Showboats are next and Tony "MVP" Dean had this one circled on the schedule.....could be the difference between the #1 or #6 seed.

Sadly, my best CB is sidelined for a couple of weeks. I fear the worst from Tony "MVP WR" Dean.

Whose worried about a team with 4 QBs, 10 WRs and only 8 offensive linemen on their roster????

By setherick
Cjfred68 wrote:

I've talked to Smirt about this in the past...teams that win 3 titles in a row or goto 5 straight title games have either coaches or players with hidden clutch ratings which increases there chances of winning....pure speculation but some teams can't be beat for long stretches of time.

I think a lot of that has to do with PK and secondary attributes like INT as well. I've seen long term veterans tear up a league despite having attributes that suggest they are far past their prime.

Definitely agree with what you are saying here tho.

By setherick
6/15/2020 6:19 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
setherick wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:

Whose worried about a team with 4 QBs, 10 WRs and only 8 offensive linemen on their roster????

I suspect that AD will win the division if you want my honest opinion. I can't beat slick, ever, and he's a few games away with a loaded roster.

By Cjfred68
6/15/2020 6:22 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:

Thats Tony "MVP QB" Dean.....but I get what you are saying....I have 8 players injured and all but 1 or 2 will sit.....injuries aside, it will be a close game either way most likely.

By Smirt211
6/15/2020 6:45 pm
Wow, 30 sacks through 8 games. Basically, any 'mistake' play gets eaten up like Pac-Man with a pellet. You can matrix through with maybe a hit or two but if you got the wrong plays - you're getting mashed.

By setherick
6/15/2020 6:56 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Wow, 30 sacks through 8 games. Basically, any 'mistake' play gets eaten up like Pac-Man with a pellet. You can matrix through with maybe a hit or two but if you got the wrong plays - you're getting mashed.

Hence the other post. I'm game planning this league like I would Champions, so I'm matching defenses to offenses. But sublime SP/AC is going to destroy most OL in the 46 if the play doesn't block down.

By Cjfred68
6/15/2020 7:45 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Private-75, Arcata Tigers.

They were sitting AI and got picked up a few games ago. It was like 'no, why, please just let them fade!'

I dont know about that league personally but checking out that team...the head coach is rated 100 and been coaching for 9 seasons.....but the old QB!?!?!?!....WOW!

Had a 10,000 yard passing season with 119 TDs!?!?!?!

I've had some great QB play but thats insane.....obviously not this version but still