The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1985 Playoffs: Road to World Bowl XII

By Wolveraider
10/14/2019 7:05 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Wolveraider wrote:
Congratulations on the Championship and a great season cj!

A great competitive game that went to OT no less...no shame in losing to a great GM and team like cj and Houston....but this loss is going to stay with me for awhile.

Great game cj and much respect to you for being able to repeat in one of the most difficult leagues in MFN.

Thanks Wolve....I feel for you bud....its a tough way to lose.....you deserved to win.

The question is.....can you bring that kicker back after that.....In real life, this would destroy a kicker and fans wouldnt let him forget.

I'm a Ravens fan in real life and I've been blessed with 1st Matt Stover (1996-2008)and now Justin Tucker (2012-now)....2 great kickers for the majority of the francise history.

But in the 2011 season we had Billy Cundiff and in the AFC Championship game in New England....he shanked a chip shot fieldgoal which would have tied the game and sent it to overtime. The phrase "pulled a cundiff" or "we were cundiffed" are common on Baltimore radio sports.

Hard to let him go when he had done so well all season....he only missed 3 FGs all season and had never missed one under 40 yards....well, until the World Bowl of course.

Re: 1985 Playoffs: Road to World Bowl XII

By Cjfred68
10/14/2019 7:10 pm
I wouldnt expect you too.....just an interesting dynamic that in real life I dont think he could be brought back....the fans wouldnt allow it.

In the game....he is too good to release