The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1985 Playoffs: Road to World Bowl XII

By Infinity on Trial
10/11/2019 7:49 am
Welp, the wheels finally fell off. Time to find somebody who can cover a receiver (or RB, or TE, or anything).

By Wolveraider
10/11/2019 8:32 am
Good game and good season 4343/Stars....whew....that was tight right down to the end...we pretty much saw a little bit of everything in this game...tight defense from both squads, your big pass play and special teams score and our much needed defensive TD....I was sweating bullets on the onside kick....I figured who ever recovered it would end up winning the game.

It's looking like the beginnings of a good conference rivalry.

By Cjfred68
10/11/2019 12:15 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Welp, the wheels finally fell off. Time to find somebody who can cover a receiver (or RB, or TE, or anything).

Good game Infinity......this matchup had me nervous

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
10/11/2019 3:37 pm
I could do the blog before work, but I don't want to rush through it, as I have to work @ 6. I'll do it sometime tomorrow. Only have 1 draft going and we're in the crappy 5th - 7th round stage tomorrow.

By Cjfred68
10/11/2019 4:07 pm

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
10/11/2019 4:23 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:

That's sweet, I'm so using this for the blog.

By Cjfred68
10/11/2019 4:26 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:

That's sweet, I'm so using this for the blog.

That's why I posted it

By Cjfred68
10/11/2019 8:22 pm
BTW.....congrads Wolveraider on your teams 1st Conference championship....I think we tend to overlook that accomplishment in this game.

By Wolveraider
10/11/2019 10:36 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
BTW.....congrads Wolveraider on your teams 1st Conference championship....I think we tend to overlook that accomplishment in this game.

Thanks Cj....I feel fortunate to get through the gauntlet to get to this point....especially in this league....I think it is one of the most competitive leagues in MFN.

Congratz to you as well for repeating, no easy feat in any league.

By Cjfred68
10/12/2019 10:11 am
Alright!

I know we have an extra day until the big game.....sorta like when there is 2 weeks between the Conference championship game and the Superbowl.

It's been an incredible season with great competition....I feel very fortunate to have made it back to the World bowl. If Infinity doesnt lose in week 16....I'm the 5 seed and I doubt I'm here.

I am incredibly fortunate because I am basically injury free going into the game and Wolveraider has 11 players on the injury report. That is nothing but good luck on my part or bad luck on his part.

I was just talking to another owner about this but as an owner, you can control the construction and usage of your roster, set a gameplan and create rules to control the decisions on the field based on down, distance, time and score to perfection.....but luck factors into this game. I dont know if its 5%....10%....or 15% buts its definately a factor.

So with that being said GOOD LUCK WOLVERAIDER! I hope the game is exciting and decided on the last play.