The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1985 Playoffs: Road to World Bowl XII

By Cjfred68
10/09/2019 8:10 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
I've not been shy about this is community forums. The ability to block punts in current code relies on an AI flaw, independent of an owner's skill or effort, and the block is sometimes unavoidable despite talent and overrides. If taking advantage of the exploit, blocks happen at a rate much more frequent than real life. The willingness to do use this exploit is bush league bullshit, and those who do it are unworthy of respect. But go ahead — there's nothing stopping you.

I feel like the dumbest kid in class. I dont know what this exploit is....somebody somewhere said using fast players in the overrides or something. I dont know...I dont use overrides....havent been beaten by this exploit and asked someone to use it against me and he couldnt block any punts.

People are losing there s@!+ over punt blocks and my question is can punt blocks happen without the exploit? If so how do you tell the difference?

I dont know....all this is over my head I guess yet somehow magically nobody has attempted to use it against me and when I asked somebody to try it....they couldnt.

So I dont know what I'm missing but apparently I'm an idiot savant in avoiding this exploit.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
10/10/2019 3:56 pm
American Conference Championship

Memphis @ Houston

These two teams battled for Southwest Division supremacy all season, with Houston snagging the division Week 16 when Denver beat Memphis. The Showboats got their revenge against Denver last week to earn their way into this game.

They split their 2 regular season games with the road team winning both.

All Time Playoff Record

Memphis 11-3 (2-0 in World Bowl)

Houston 9-1 (2-0 in World Bowl)

Houston is 2-0 vs Memphis in the post season with victories in 1982 https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/box/2927 and 1984 https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/box/3555.

Team Ranks

Offensive Yards Memphis 3rd Houston 1st

Defensive Yards Memphis 4th Houston 3rd

Injuries

Memphis

Houston

Prediction

In 1985, Memphis beat Houston by 6 in OT while Houston beat Memphis by 2. Their two playoff games have been decided by 3 points. Their offensive and defensive ranks are almost mirror images. This is a long winded way of saying I expect a tight game.

There isn't really a factor I can pinpoint and say this is why I think "X" team wins, so I'll go with the home team who is 2-0 vs Memphis in the playoffs.

Houston 22 OT
Memphis 19

10/10/2019 4:16 pm
National Conference Championship

Birmingham @ Baltimore

Week 13 gave us a preview of tonight's action https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/box/3820, when the Stallions defeated the Stars 17-9, giving Baltimore their only loss. The Stars only other blemish was a tie with New Jersey, who just got obliterated by Birmingham 79-19. Could that mean Baltimore is in trouble?

All Time Playoff Records

Birmingham 2-6

Baltimore 4-3

Their only other playoff game was last season with Baltimore winning 20-13 https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/box/3563.

Team Ranks

Offensive Yards Birmingham 7th Baltimore 5th

Defensive Yards Birmingham 10th Baltimore 1st

Injuries

Birmingham

Baltimore

Prediction

Both teams enter the game banged up and coming off huge, lopsided wins. Baltimore has been ranked slightly higher all year in the commish rankings though Birmingham actually beat the Stars head to head. That game was in Birmingham with much lower stakes. Seeing the Stallions up close last week, I'm tempted to pick them, but I did predict a Houston/Baltimore World Bowl XII, so no reason to change now.

Baltimore 27
Birmingham 26

By Wolveraider
10/10/2019 7:53 pm
Beating the Stars a second time is a pretty tall order...there really are no chinks in their armor...going to need to get some turnovers and/or a special teams or defensive score, something big.

On a side note: Those brutes on the Generals' O-Line kicked the **** out of my D-Line.
Last edited at 10/10/2019 7:53 pm

10/10/2019 8:26 pm
Good luck to all 4 teams tonight, however the games go, we are going to have a pretty sweet matchup in World Bowl XII.

By Cjfred68
10/10/2019 8:48 pm
Due to the punt block controversy.....I've decided not to punt in the Conference championship.!

By Infinity on Trial
10/10/2019 8:54 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Due to the punt block controversy.....I've decided not to punt in the Conference championship.!

To be fair, I'll let you convert every third down so you don't have to.

Last edited at 10/10/2019 8:55 pm

By AlexanDragon
10/10/2019 9:50 pm
So you'll go on every 4th down?

That's another controversy that happened here hahaha ... Only this one was a looooong time ago :p

By Cjfred68
10/10/2019 10:01 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
So you'll go on every 4th down?

That's another controversy that happened here hahaha ... Only this one was a looooong time ago :p

That would be stupid.....I just set my max fieldgoal to 100 and signed a new kicker

By Mcarovil
10/11/2019 7:04 am
Fond Memories.
raidergreg69 wrote:
Previous Record for most points in a USFL/WFL Playoff game was Tampa Bay with a 66-52 victory in the 1978 Divisional Round over Pittsburgh. https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/box/1662