The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1985 Playoffs: Road to World Bowl XII

By AlexanDragon
10/09/2019 4:47 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
Turned my game off after the punt block return for a TD. That's all I'm gonna say about it.

Oh!!! And Good Luck to CJfred, Infinity on Trial, & Wolveraider. I hope one of you stops the punt block bandit.

Wasn't that a glitch ?

By Cjfred68
10/09/2019 5:00 pm
Good luck using this punt block technique against Birmingham and Wolveraider because apparently he doesnt punt

By CrazyRazor
10/09/2019 5:16 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
Turned my game off after the punt block return for a TD. That's all I'm gonna say about it.

Oh!!! And Good Luck to CJfred, Infinity on Trial, & Wolveraider. I hope one of you stops the punt block bandit.

Wasn't that a glitch ?

More like a loophole. Fast players can bypass the blocking OL.

By AlexanDragon
10/09/2019 5:22 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:

Wasn't that a glitch ?

And does it happens more in MFN than real life?

By Cjfred68
10/09/2019 5:26 pm
This came up in other threads where someone uses overrides to put speed on the outside to block punts and you have to use overrides to negate it.

I have a bunch of teams and I've never used overrides yet I haven't fallen victim to this glitch/loophole/cheat.

MY OPINION AND MINE ONLY

this is a weakness that can be exposed if a team is using a punter with poor punt timing coupled with a poor long snapper and less then stellar pass blockers on the edge

By Cjfred68
10/09/2019 5:27 pm
I begged slowtospeak to do it against me in the XFL league and he couldnt and I've NEVER used overrides

By CrazyRazor
10/09/2019 5:51 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:

Wasn't that a glitch ?

I've had 2 blocked & one of them returned for a TD in one game.

https://ncaa-fcs.myfootballnow.com/box/2218
Last edited at 10/09/2019 5:54 pm

By Cjfred68
10/09/2019 5:59 pm
Crazy....its hard to tell but none of your starting offensive linemen are listed as ST #1,2,3 etc so who is blocking on punts?

By Cjfred68
10/09/2019 6:07 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:

Wasn't that a glitch ?

I've had 2 blocked & one of them returned for a TD in one game.

https://ncaa-fcs.myfootballnow.com/box/2218

You used P Andrew Johnson who has a punt timing of 54.....block waiting to happen....you have an elite punter on the roster but this guy punted

By Infinity on Trial
10/09/2019 7:48 pm
I've not been shy about this is community forums. The ability to block punts in current code relies on an AI flaw, independent of an owner's skill or effort, and the block is sometimes unavoidable despite talent and overrides. If taking advantage of the exploit, blocks happen at a rate much more frequent than real life. The willingness to do use this exploit is bush league bullshit, and those who do it are unworthy of respect. But go ahead — there's nothing stopping you.