The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1982 Good Game Thread

By Mcarovil
2/13/2019 7:57 am
Nice win Jax. We stink. Our offense has been non existent for 2 straight seasons....and that’s our strength. Sad.

By Smirt211
2/13/2019 8:03 am
Good game, Dragon. Fully expected a war as it always is with you and your teams. :)

Quincy White was involved in two separate plays: one cut off and another being a track down preventing touchdowns. No emotion to it here but with the clock ticking down in a Title Game the window is getting reduced dramatically on being able to make a comeback and in that case, I'd be through the roof.

By Wolveraider
2/13/2019 9:22 am
Good game Force....that was simtastic for my team, we must have won 90% of the rolls....QB Loos played like he had a 100 rating and the receivers were catching ***** when they looked like they were triple covered.

I don't think you can gauge how good or bad teams are when it's one of "those games" in MFN.

Good luck til we meet again in week 14.

By Duval
2/13/2019 12:06 pm
GG bro, Fred Murphy is no 0 td's, 8 interceptions, 26 passer rating , wow

By jabillups85
2/13/2019 1:09 pm
PrivateSnowflake wrote:
GG JA. Always a good game when we meet, which feels like every other day :) Best of luck going forward!

GG Private. I was thinking the same thing, "dang I played private again!"

By trslick
2/13/2019 2:34 pm
GG Chicago

By hectorg93
2/13/2019 6:10 pm
GG bandits thought you guys were coming back towards the end, luckily defense made a play.

By AlexanDragon
2/13/2019 8:25 pm
Gg smirt! Although i dont understand the last part of title game :p

By CrazyRazor
2/13/2019 9:44 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:
Gg toro!
Briefly on the main subject here:
Ive never seen anyone make a third of all those 93 trades marginally possible.

Also, dont make it like im the elephant in the room, im pretty sure you're talking about me. i have had and still have some teams with too many picks... I just take the time to trade them when i dont have roster spots for them. Whats wrong with that? After all... NFL has what, 75 players able to go to camp and only 60 here.

No, actually if I were talking about you I would have used your name. Honestly I am not going to debate with the minority of teams In mfn that think this is a fantasy football league and don’t care about realism. I can find exceptions to every rule to make any point valid. I was a political consultant for 20 years, it isn’t hard, so trying it with me doesn’t work. I have seen teams trade 30-40 times per season. I have seen teams accumulate 20-30 draft picks every season. This conversation started in regards to the constant version changes and my statement was instead of updating the game engine then fix the gm part of the game. Trading is an issue and doesn’t follow the nfl pattern that they are trying to mirror, it is the only thing that doesn’t. That is fact. In regards to me speaking individually about one person I never did, but the owners that trade more than 20 timess per season sure jumped in. This is actually irrelevant, I have never seen anyone inside the mfn inner circle take any suggestions anyway.

I don't see a problem with asking JDB about whether or not trading should be capped in some fashion.
The only question I want to raise is this: Does the NFL limit the number of trades a team can execute during a season?

By greyghost1225
2/13/2019 10:49 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:
Gg toro!
Briefly on the main subject here:
Ive never seen anyone make a third of all those 93 trades marginally possible.

Also, dont make it like im the elephant in the room, im pretty sure you're talking about me. i have had and still have some teams with too many picks... I just take the time to trade them when i dont have roster spots for them. Whats wrong with that? After all... NFL has what, 75 players able to go to camp and only 60 here.

No, actually if I were talking about you I would have used your name. Honestly I am not going to debate with the minority of teams In mfn that think this is a fantasy football league and don’t care about realism. I can find exceptions to every rule to make any point valid. I was a political consultant for 20 years, it isn’t hard, so trying it with me doesn’t work. I have seen teams trade 30-40 times per season. I have seen teams accumulate 20-30 draft picks every season. This conversation started in regards to the constant version changes and my statement was instead of updating the game engine then fix the gm part of the game. Trading is an issue and doesn’t follow the nfl pattern that they are trying to mirror, it is the only thing that doesn’t. That is fact. In regards to me speaking individually about one person I never did, but the owners that trade more than 20 timess per season sure jumped in. This is actually irrelevant, I have never seen anyone inside the mfn inner circle take any suggestions anyway.

I don't see a problem with asking JDB about whether or not trading should be capped in some fashion.
The only question I want to raise is this: Does the NFL limit the number of trades a team can execute during a season?

Does the nfl limit the number of players a team can trade, no. If you want to use exceptions. If you want unlimited trading, why can’t I trade all of my draft picks for a Ricky Williams or Herschel walker., because there are rules against it to make trades realistic. It has already been proven, no nfl team made more than 13 trades this season, so if the goal is to make realistic, stop setting the rules for the 10% that make 30-40 trades per season.