The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1982 Good Game Thread

By Mcarovil
2/15/2019 7:56 am
You can turn off the trade meter as league admin.

Seems to be the trend in leagues with vet owners. OL trade value is so outrageously over valued.
tribewriter wrote:
edit: There should be a lot more trades each season like an average vet player for a late round pick, I think this doesn't happen due to the ask for such players in the trade points being way to high etc

I think Duval nailed it with this comment. The primary shortcoming of the trade meter — overvaluing older players — really hinders teams attempting to rebuild.

I took over a rebuild in another league and was offering older guys at half of their trade meter value and still getting no bites. The trade meter wanted me to ask for a No. 1 and No. 2 in return for a ninth-year CB who was already contemplating retirement. The other coach just laughed at my offer.

If this were fixed, contenders could acquire some talent for the short term without feeling like they were giving up the farm in the long term. Teams in a competitive league like this one are hesitant to "go for it" anyway, since literally anything can happen in the postseason.

By Duval
2/15/2019 8:43 am
GG maul, Sad day, 4 more interceptions for a total of 0 td's... 12 int... passer rating 22.47.

I'm not a "ratings" guy, but Murphy isn't a bad QB.. I've changed about 10 plays total from last season on offense and i had all but about 5 guys return.. all starters returned.. what gives? I know I've had massive injuries to my OL and DL, with currently 3 of 4 starters injured for half the season currently on DL, but ****...

By Wolveraider
2/15/2019 8:44 am
Good game Steamer...your defense really locked it down in the second half....I felt like we were just barely holding on, the clock was definitely our friend.

By tribewriter
2/15/2019 9:11 am

I do have the option below, but I don't know the ramifications of it. If doing so would allow more sanity in the context of trading aging but effective veterans for draft picks, I would suggest we implement it. I wonder if the trade meter values are not displayed at all if this option is turned on.

Can you tell me any other leagues that are using this? I would like to PM the commissioner to find out how it's working.

Once I get that information, we can have a discussion about this issue in another thread. I don't want this one to get hijacked (by me).

Allow Unbalanced Trades/Common IPs
Normally, the system will reject trades that it considers to be too unbalanced, as well as trades where both members have a common IP address in their history. You can disable these restrictions for your league.

By CrazyRazor
2/15/2019 9:34 am
tribewriter wrote:

I do have the option below, but I don't know the ramifications of it. If doing so would allow more sanity in the context of trading aging but effective veterans for draft picks, I would suggest we implement it. I wonder if the trade meter values are not displayed at all if this option is turned on.

Can you tell me any other leagues that are using this? I would like to PM the commissioner to find out how it's working.

Once I get that information, we can have a discussion about this issue in another thread. I don't want this one to get hijacked (by me).

Allow Unbalanced Trades/Common IPs
Normally, the system will reject trades that it considers to be too unbalanced, as well as trades where both members have a common IP address in their history. You can disable these restrictions for your league.

It will still show the trade score. It just won't use it in allowing the trade

By Otterpop
2/15/2019 11:25 am
Duval wrote:
GG maul, Sad day, 4 more interceptions for a total of 0 td's... 12 int... passer rating 22.47.

I'm not a "ratings" guy, but Murphy isn't a bad QB.. I've changed about 10 plays total from last season on offense and i had all but about 5 guys return.. all starters returned.. what gives? I know I've had massive injuries to my OL and DL, with currently 3 of 4 starters injured for half the season currently on DL, but ****...

Good Game Baltimore. Your team held us down once we got close to the end zone.

I am still working out the playbook also. Tate 8 interceptions earlier in the season was a wake up call.
Last edited at 2/15/2019 11:26 am

By Duval
2/15/2019 11:57 am
My feeling are just so hurt lol

By trslick
2/15/2019 2:47 pm
GG Gold

By greyghost1225
2/15/2019 3:09 pm
Hellbringer wrote:
GG Voodoo. Sack/fumble for a TD....

gg hellbringer, I tuned in expecting to lose this game. good luck.

By Pernbronze
2/18/2019 1:27 am
Gg Bell what a defensive showdown, glad my kicker decided to have a good day.