The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1982 Good Game Thread

By Pernbronze
2/12/2019 1:20 am
greyghost1225 wrote:
The 99 trades are for the entire nfl, league. In mfn one team can trade that many times.

So can the NFL teams, have you seen any league go over 99 trades in a season? I don't think I've ever seen more than 50.

By greyghost1225
2/12/2019 4:41 am
AlexanDragon wrote:
Gg toro!
Briefly on the main subject here:
Ive never seen anyone make a third of all those 93 trades marginally possible.

Also, dont make it like im the elephant in the room, im pretty sure you're talking about me. i have had and still have some teams with too many picks... I just take the time to trade them when i dont have roster spots for them. Whats wrong with that? After all... NFL has what, 75 players able to go to camp and only 60 here.

No, actually if I were talking about you I would have used your name. Honestly I am not going to debate with the minority of teams In mfn that think this is a fantasy football league and don’t care about realism. I can find exceptions to every rule to make any point valid. I was a political consultant for 20 years, it isn’t hard, so trying it with me doesn’t work. I have seen teams trade 30-40 times per season. I have seen teams accumulate 20-30 draft picks every season. This conversation started in regards to the constant version changes and my statement was instead of updating the game engine then fix the gm part of the game. Trading is an issue and doesn’t follow the nfl pattern that they are trying to mirror, it is the only thing that doesn’t. That is fact. In regards to me speaking individually about one person I never did, but the owners that trade more than 20 timess per season sure jumped in. This is actually irrelevant, I have never seen anyone inside the mfn inner circle take any suggestions anyway.
Last edited at 2/12/2019 4:42 am

By greyghost1225
2/12/2019 4:50 am
Pernbronze wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
The 99 trades are for the entire nfl, league. In mfn one team can trade that many times.

So can the NFL teams, have you seen any league go over 99 trades in a season? I don't think I've ever seen more than 50.

Have you seen any team go over 10? I don’t keep an exact number, I have been watching the nfl since 1968 and I don’t remember one.
Last edited at 2/12/2019 4:52 am

By Pernbronze
2/12/2019 6:48 am
greyghost1225 wrote:
Pernbronze wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:

Have you seen any team go over 10? I don’t keep an exact number, I have been watching the nfl since 1968 and I don’t remember one.

Both the Rams and Patriots last season had more than ten trades...

By greyghost1225
2/12/2019 8:21 am
Good pick up, yes Belichick has topped the 10 mark the previous 3 seasons with 13, 11, 13, his year prior was a 4. All of the teams I looked at fell in between 3 to 8 trades per season. The most I saw was the 13 you pointed out, now proving that I am a fair guy. I propose instead of the original 10 cap that I suggested, with the newly found info, I propose a limit of 15 trades per team per season.

By Hellbringer
2/12/2019 12:32 pm
Maybe start a new thread guys?

By greyghost1225
2/12/2019 12:46 pm
Hellbringer wrote:
Maybe start a new thread guys?

It always surprises me when someone takes a hypothetical suggestion I have and turns into a discussion like I have some type of control. An idea is just that, an idea. I am done talking about this particular thought.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/13/2019 2:27 am
GG Baltimore, your defense was tough today but Generals win yet another nail biter. Ever since we won the World Bowl on a safety in OT, all our games are 1 score games and we haven't had a sack since, not counting preseason.

QB switch has seemed to help my offense somewhat, but it's still too dink and dunk for my taste.

Good luck the rest of the season.

By Pernbronze
2/13/2019 4:16 am
Gg breakers.

By PrivateSnowflake
2/13/2019 6:47 am
GG JA. Always a good game when we meet, which feels like every other day :) Best of luck going forward!