The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1982 Good Game Thread

By greyghost1225
2/11/2019 3:16 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
I don't like the idea of limiting quantity of trades. If that is their style so be it. Just because it's not your style doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed. I don't like the 30 draft pick thing but again that is their style and don't think it should be deleted. The trade value one makes a little sense but I can understand why they wouldn't want it lower it would be very easy if it were lower to stock up on elite vets for a championship win.

The point being is this. There is hours upon hours spent on making the game engine NFL like. I don't have a problem with anyone's style. I do have a problem with a team having the potential to make 93 trades per season. It isn't realistic and doesn't fall within what MFN is seemingly trying to accomplish. If the goal is to make it NFL like, then that should be across the board. If someone sucks at using the purposed allotted trades idea, signing free agents, or drafting that is on them, they have to live with it and make adjustments. A rough estimate would be 90% of the league owners would fall within the purposed idea. It is not a good idea to say no to a rule due to the 10% that don't.

By Jaybo911
2/11/2019 6:05 pm
GG Pacman327. If Curtis Bernard can keep playing like this over his career he will be our teams first hall of fame nominee.

By Duval
2/11/2019 8:10 pm
This is also true. I would say it should be pretty tough to go .500 when you are trading away for 20 picks a season or every other season. In other sims I've played, people get booted pretty fast under the league rules for consecutive bad performances. If you are trying to "rebuild" you essentially have to get approval from the commish to do so. I guess I'm saying a strictly enforced "competitive" ruling might curb that behavior a bit, not saying its not like that in this league, I've really never paid attention to see if anyone was let go for bad records. A few seasons ago when I traded away a lot of older players for picks, I actually wrote tribewriter and told him I was rebuilding and would be placing a lot of players on the block, I actually thought that was the normal process.

By greyghost1225
2/11/2019 8:17 pm
Good points, but I am going to stay on this course.

Game engine: nfl like
League structure: nfl like
Schedule: nfl like
Playoffs: nfl like
Roster: nfl like
Waivers: nfl like
Salary cap: nfl like
Depth charts: nfl like
Game planning: nfl like
Trade deadline: nfl like

Trading: fantasy football like

I am in paydirt and there are 2 trades allowed with each team per season. That means a team could potentially make 62 trades. It is better because an owner has to put more thought into their trades, but it is still too many.
Last edited at 2/11/2019 8:23 pm

By Pernbronze
2/11/2019 8:26 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:

I am in paydirt and there are 2 trades allowed with each team per season. That means a team could potentially make 62 trades. It is better because an owner has to put more thought into their trades, but it is still too many.

There is no rule in the NFL stopping them from making 100 trades you are going against your own argument.

By greyghost1225
2/11/2019 8:29 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:

There is no rule in the NFL stopping them from making 100 trades you are going against your own argument.

No I am not, show me one time an nfl team in history has made over 20 trades in a season.

By Pernbronze
2/11/2019 8:29 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:

I trade like crazy if I can find trade partners and no one can ever accuse me of tanking or not putting up the most competitive roster possible.

Edit: There were 99 trades in the NFL in 2018. If anything we aren't trading nearly enough.
Last edited at 2/11/2019 8:33 pm

By greyghost1225
2/11/2019 8:41 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:

I trade like crazy if I can find trade partners and no one can ever accuse me of tanking or not putting up the most competitive roster possible.

Honestly, I never said the teams that did it were not competitive. I said it is not realistic and that is fact. If the majority of owners want this to be fantasy football based, the stop all the version updates and let it play out and don’t act like, oh we want this game to be realistic to the nfl. I personally trade a lot when I take over a losing team with salary cap problems and I slow from there. I don’t need to make a ton of trades to win after that.

By greyghost1225
2/11/2019 8:43 pm
The 99 trades are for the entire nfl, league. In mfn one team can trade that many times.

By AlexanDragon
2/12/2019 12:23 am
Gg toro!
Briefly on the main subject here:
Ive never seen anyone make a third of all those 93 trades marginally possible.

Also, dont make it like im the elephant in the room, im pretty sure you're talking about me. i have had and still have some teams with too many picks... I just take the time to trade them when i dont have roster spots for them. Whats wrong with that? After all... NFL has what, 75 players able to go to camp and only 60 here.