The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1982 Good Game Thread

By Wolveraider
2/20/2019 10:09 am
Good game Voodoo/greyghost....that was a dominant performance by your squad, well executed, great gameplan.

When we went down 10-0 in the 2nd quarter and the way your defense was playing, I thought "we're going to lose this game" I watched the rest of game hoping to glean some nuggets of strategy for our next matchup and I came up empty.

I honestly don't expect to beat you the next time we play, because I have no idea what I would change...we just got dominated, we couldn't pass short, medium or long, couldn't protect our QB, WRs couldn't get open...we couldn't run inside or outside...meh.

I guess my defense played ok, but it won't matter if we can only generate 117 yards of total offense.

I think you have successfully turned this team around...time to move on....lol

By greyghost1225
2/20/2019 11:00 am
Gg wolveraider, the one thing I realized in our games from paydirt is they never go as expected. This game was very close, we just got the breaks in this one. The one thing I will say is future hof Boyd calling a fair catch on the 1 yard was a new thing, leading to the safety. I have never seen that before, his senility must be starting. Good luck, see you in the next matchup.

By trslick
2/20/2019 12:42 pm
GG Cleveland

By ToroTex
2/20/2019 3:15 pm
GG Storm

That was brutal. Bad day to be a QB.
Last edited at 2/20/2019 3:15 pm

By Hellbringer
2/20/2019 5:34 pm
GG Steamers

By Wolveraider
2/21/2019 10:19 am
greyghost1225 wrote:
Gg wolveraider, the one thing I realized in our games from paydirt is they never go as expected. This game was very close, we just got the breaks in this one. The one thing I will say is future hof Boyd calling a fair catch on the 1 yard was a new thing, leading to the safety. I have never seen that before, his senility must be starting. Good luck, see you in the next matchup.

I was surprised that Boyd called for the fair catch on the 1 yard line, saved us from being shutout, for whatever that's worth.
We had some great battles in Paydirt and I expect the same here....your teams are always tough.

I'm going to find out how far this team has really come over the next 4 weeks, it's a rough stretch.
Federals 4-2, Panthers 4-2, Maulers 5-1, Thunderbolts 4-2.
Last edited at 2/21/2019 5:35 pm

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/21/2019 10:29 pm
In just over 2 hours we'll have the Banged Up Bowl. Generals limp into Arizona with 12 injured players, 9 on defense while the Wranglers have 9 injuries, 8 of those on offense.

So when the Wranglers have the ball, nobody knows exactly who will be on the field for a given play for either team.

When the Generals have the ball, I'll be crossing my fingers for no more OL injuries, lose anyone else and I'll have to hit free agency.

By Pernbronze
2/22/2019 3:32 am
Gg gold, my D is legit and my offense just has to not screw up.

By PrivateSnowflake
2/22/2019 7:39 am
Well, Royce and I just set football back 100 years. Sorry fellas.

By Duval
2/22/2019 10:06 am
GG Bulls,.. It's starting to feel like the game has run it's course for me. I spent so much time learning and now I feel like it's a different sport all together. Not sure where to go from here...