The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1986 Free Agency/Draft Chatter

By Cjfred68
10/27/2019 4:50 pm
I just wanna play football and the Powers that be cry "realism" for all the changes in recent versions.

I play defensive lineman on the D-line. I play linebackers at linebacker and defensive backs at defensive back.

But owners have found all these exploits which really changes the game away from any aspect of realism.

Like the punt block, in real life you can overload a side and sent a speedy guy around the edge to occasionally block a kick or punt but in this sim....that speedy guy lines up opposite an elite pass blocking offensive lineman and makes him look stupid....just that linemans shear size and strength will negate that corners ability to get to the kick by making him go completely around him....in the game, he takes a straight line through the lineman.....broken

It's like what am I suppose to make of this strategy??? They took away so much in the name of realism and scoring that they forces owners to find other options.

I'm still waiting for JDB to explain how that WR had 12 int and 4 pick 6's. To me, it's just pass catching that makes a corner.

I tried it and it worked....only played cb for 5 snaps and got a pick

By Smirt211
10/27/2019 4:50 pm
In a nothing to lose scenario I'd experiment with it. However, many many moons ago circa version 4.2 the village people came out with their torches and demanded that DBs placed on the Defensive Line be driven back and repelled. Like hitting a force field and be at high risk of injury due to the size differential. At the time JDB seemed pretty mad and motivated to address the issue and I recall missives about it. lol

I've never tried the tactic back then or now but that above scared me off from attempting it. Speed decimates, of course. If it works you'll have DBs zooming into the backfield meeting a hapless runner for negative yardage!

Last edited at 10/27/2019 4:53 pm

By Cjfred68
10/27/2019 4:57 pm
I think we all just want a fair representation of football where 2 owners can line up their teams and use a gameplan to try to win.

All these exploits and broken plays takes away from the fun. Theres no point hiding these exploits because owners will find them and use them. How do you legislate their use? They need to be brought into the light so they can be fixed

By Infinity on Trial
10/27/2019 5:20 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
I've seen owners play speedy DBs on the defensive line and blow up both passing and running plays by breaking through the oline. I dont know how effective it would be as a base but it does work occasionally.

It's the same as the punt block apparently....Speed over Powers everything in this game....Speed beats 300 lb 100 pass block olinemen despite the vast size difference.

Someone is beta or one of the trash MFN-# leagues that are dying should play an 11 defensive back defense and see what happens.

All DBs on the DL, all RB/TE at LB and all WRs in the secondary

By Cjfred68
10/27/2019 5:38 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
I've seen owners play speedy DBs on the defensive line and blow up both passing and running plays by breaking through the oline. I dont know how effective it would be as a base but it does work occasionally.

It's the same as the punt block apparently....Speed over Powers everything in this game....Speed beats 300 lb 100 pass block olinemen despite the vast size difference.

Someone is beta or one of the trash MFN-# leagues that are dying should play an 11 defensive back defense and see what happens.

All DBs on the DL, all RB/TE at LB and all WRs in the secondary

Sounds about right

By Infinity on Trial
10/27/2019 5:41 pm
The downside to this strategy is frequent INTs really limit your chances to block the other team's punts.

By Cjfred68
10/28/2019 9:07 am
For those of you that wonder why a certain owner is in Champions.

Heres why

https://champions.myfootballnow.com/box/840

By Smirt211
10/28/2019 11:21 am
Wait, that happened TO him.

He's one of the best. It's never been him not deserving to be in Champions.

By Cjfred68
10/28/2019 12:12 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Wait, that happened TO him.

He's one of the best. It's never been him not deserving to be in Champions.

Exactly my point. The Champions league is designed to be the most even playing field imaginable.....no taken advantage of owners via trades, exploits or holes in gameplanning.

It's a league where you can be easily humbled.

By Smirt211
10/28/2019 12:29 pm
Or where someone takes Setherick's latest WORD as Gospel and tries to zap me with a mashing of it. LOL

I do think Champions is going to pose as the site's most competitive/difficult league.