The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1986 Free Agency/Draft Chatter

By Cjfred68
10/26/2019 8:35 pm
Maybe

This guy?

By Infinity on Trial
10/26/2019 11:15 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
I don't think anyone can utilize this in a major way and win. It has to result in turnstile touchdowns and breakthrough runs if you are bold/dumb enough to plant the WR in a starting CB role.

Unless you rely on plays where you double the WR and override your own WR into one of the doubleteamers, and then also use him in zone/man combos

By Cjfred68
10/26/2019 11:33 pm
The crazy part about Punisher using a WR as CB3 is he actually has 6 decent to very good CBs on his roster so I dont understand the desperation that drove him to make this move.

Ratings are default
CB Culbertson 79/85
CB Lybarger 77/79
CB Shea 63/87
CB Kline 84/85
CB Kirschner 76/80
CB Martinez 87/88

Plus
SS Myers 75/75
FS Nason 71/73
FS Trask 80/83

What drove him to make a WR CB3?

By Smirt211
10/27/2019 5:11 am
Unless you rely on plays where you double the WR and override your own WR into one of the doubleteamers, and then also use him in zone/man combos

That's really thinking it through but in that regard you can skirt it through. The Dime defensive play of Double WR #1 and #2 came to my head. Not sure if this plays out now but in the past that was a dangerous play to use as I've had the WR Deep cut right through the middle of it against me for touchdowns. (older code)
Last edited at 10/27/2019 5:12 am

By Smirt211
10/27/2019 5:14 am
CJ: He's inundated with teams. I don't think there's any method to the madness. He fell into it. Depth chart mistake which has drawn our attention.

In the recent past Punisher has changed up his style and strategies, delving in more though. Before that it was 5-wide usage getting blitzed and driven back alongside endless punts from anywhere on the field. Strategy which fed the opposing team defensive and offensive statistics.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
10/27/2019 6:15 am
Cjfred68 wrote:
Maybe

This guy?

Is that guys name B by chance?

By Cjfred68
10/27/2019 6:20 am
Smirt211 wrote:
CJ: He's inundated with teams. I don't think there's any method to the madness. He fell into it. Depth chart mistake which has drawn our attention.

In the recent past Punisher has changed up his style and strategies, delving in more though. Before that it was 5-wide usage getting blitzed and driven back alongside endless punts from anywhere on the field. Strategy which fed the opposing team defensive and offensive statistics.

Exactly my point....with so many teams, you would figure he would use auto set depth chart and with 6 viable CBs the depth would be solid.

He purposely went into this teams depth chart......1 of 50 teams owned and inserted a WR at CB and moved him up to CB3.....why? It makes no sense with the roster construction yet it pays off huge and exposed a huge flaw in the code.

This bothers me more than the punt block "thing".....at least that makes some sort of sense......a super fast guy blowing thru occasionally to block a punt.......this makes ZERO sense at all.

I've long known that the tackle attribute was useless because everybody tackles when given the chance. I've lowered it so low on my weights because it's almost not a factor but for a WR with absolutely no cover skills to become an interception machine because he has pass catch ability.

I'm willing to bet....you could start 3 WRs at CB and be just fine in coverage and that's sad.

By Smirt211
10/27/2019 6:26 am
That'll either go 1 of 2 ways.

a) The 90+ speedsters zip around the field and act as WRs not defenders making the same play on the ball as the real team on offense with their stable of WRs.

or

b) It gets torched and burned. Turnstile TDs. FL Hitching conga line TD festivals and bronco bustin' runs mashing the WR turned CB pixels into dust.

I think it's more b) than a) if someone goes all in on this and attempts to troll.

You and I are in the business of winning. The first time we see the WR straight line zip down the field on a HB Flair or Fullback Flat or whatever still constitutes as a down the field lob toss to a streaking touchdown we'll bounce off the idea as anything more as just a spice to splash into the brew.

By Smirt211
10/27/2019 6:34 am
However, if the trolls come out to play - insert all WRs at CBs #1-3 and as games materialize with each drive if it becomes every time the QB slings the ball a high probability of an interception is at play then the game is indeed wrecked.

Last edited at 10/27/2019 6:35 am

By Cjfred68
10/27/2019 6:38 am
Smirt211 wrote:
However, if the trolls come out to play - insert all WRs at CBs #1-3 and as games materialize with each drive if it becomes every time the QB slings the ball a high probability of an interception is at play then the game is indeed wrecked.

And still no reply from the PM I sent to JDB for an explanation

53 hours ago