The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1986 Free Agency/Draft Chatter

By Smirt211
10/27/2019 7:08 am
As we wait on that, doubling back on the other conversation going on here....

I don't look to incite so I kept my mouth shut and also if I win against another GM I pretty much have a rule where I don't mention the score or winning against them (I'll say positive stuff about their team if game is close; if not close I don't talk about the game itself, I'll focus on injuries or psyching myself up.)

However, I wish I had said something when I shoved the punt blocks up his *** as his only means of attempting to beat me in that game was swarming my punter every punt. The same guy who openly trash talks your strategies and throws 'em in your face while taunting you when he wins. (I bet you were throwing stuff around the house!)

Was so happy when his garbage failed against me in Champions.

Last edited at 10/27/2019 7:11 am

By Smirt211
10/27/2019 7:21 am
https://champions.myfootballnow.com/log/606

Not sure why he's in the league. :(

By Infinity on Trial
10/27/2019 10:33 am
I dropped the mfn2 team to avoid the temptation to explore this further.

By CrazyRazor
10/27/2019 11:26 am
Smirt211 wrote:
As we wait on that, doubling back on the other conversation going on here....

I don't look to incite so I kept my mouth shut and also if I win against another GM I pretty much have a rule where I don't mention the score or winning against them (I'll say positive stuff about their team if game is close; if not close I don't talk about the game itself, I'll focus on injuries or psyching myself up.)

However, I wish I had said something when I shoved the punt blocks up his *** as his only means of attempting to beat me in that game was swarming my punter every punt. The same guy who openly trash talks your strategies and throws 'em in your face while taunting you when he wins. (I bet you were throwing stuff around the house!)

Was so happy when his garbage failed against me in Champions.

Now he's telling the new guys what the best plays are, rather than letting them learn by trial & error. Same goes with roster management. He just makes suggestions on which players they should sign & which players they should drop.

https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/community/1/6084?page=1#37132

And I won't soon forget the stunt he pulled in Paydirt League, helping that noob beat me so he could get an advantage in the division race.

By Smirt211
10/27/2019 11:32 am
He's truly a mix of very bad character traits: arrogance, aggression and a swirl of nastiness.

Pumping that newbie with info was akin to when he left a MFN-# League and on the way out he was **** bent on trading all his elite players to GMs like me in order to stick it to it was either Mardn or Mcavoril. I believe it was Mardn.

Near certain it was Mardn in MFN-#15.
Last edited at 10/27/2019 11:36 am

By CrazyRazor
10/27/2019 11:32 am
Infinity on Trial wrote:

I was almost hoping you would continue! lmao

If this game is broken that badly, JDB should definitely be made aware of it.

I've seriously considered using one of my leagues to test my theory about the speed/weight differences still being so drastic on the OL/DL. (Using LB's & Safeties as DE's & moving DE's to the DT spot. Or just moving the guys OoP so they lose the extra weight.)

I haven't done this, yet. Just contemplated it quite a bit.

Thoughts?
Last edited at 10/27/2019 11:33 am

By CrazyRazor
10/27/2019 11:36 am
You had mentioned that before, but I never knew his target GM or what league.

He left NCAA-FCS after his team became too old to compete for the title. I've noticed he doesn't stick around long in leagues where he can't immediately contend for a title.

By AlexanDragon
10/27/2019 1:55 pm
I'm thinking about something...

In MFN 11 I think, I had a wr automatically put to Qb1 on the second game of the year.
Lost the game because of obvious reasons.
Happened in another league where another wr got put to Qb3(didn't affect anything this time I think)
Maybe the wr got put at CB by the game like it happened to me ? https://mfn11.myfootballnow.com/community/6/5971?page=1#37083

If true, the game REALLY is broken
Last edited at 10/27/2019 1:56 pm

By Infinity on Trial
10/27/2019 4:13 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:

I was almost hoping you would continue! lmao

If this game is broken that badly, JDB should definitely be made aware of it.

I've seriously considered using one of my leagues to test my theory about the speed/weight differences still being so drastic on the OL/DL. (Using LB's & Safeties as DE's & moving DE's to the DT spot. Or just moving the guys OoP so they lose the extra weight.)

I haven't done this, yet. Just contemplated it quite a bit.

Thoughts?

Perhaps setherick has a better idea, but I don't think weight factors into the success of a pass rush. On run defense, weight is a factor.

I routinely use 280-pound DEs at DT, and rarely have used 250-pound LBs at DE. Presumably, you could override a speedy DB into pass-only defensive sets with impunity.

By Cjfred68
10/27/2019 4:40 pm
I've seen owners play speedy DBs on the defensive line and blow up both passing and running plays by breaking through the oline. I dont know how effective it would be as a base but it does work occasionally.

It's the same as the punt block apparently....Speed over Powers everything in this game....Speed beats 300 lb 100 pass block olinemen despite the vast size difference.

Someone is beta or one of the trash MFN-# leagues that are dying should play an 11 defensive back defense and see what happens.