The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1986 Free Agency/Draft Chatter

By Smirt211
10/26/2019 4:13 pm
I wouldn't sweat it. There's only so much you can do with it. I glance through things sometimes but Punisher finished with an 8-8 record right and this guy was all-world with 4 return touchdowns and 12 interceptions? The stat gathering was due to poor strategy play. Having him at the CB #3 spot often would place him even at CB #1 and #2 on an island to be exposed. (players injured and/or tired) Not only that, however, planted at CB #3 that's a prominent spot to which runs are funneled. Mash and dash through the defender.

Personally, I don't think you could make this a main part of your game plan and win.
Last edited at 10/26/2019 4:15 pm

By AlexanDragon
10/26/2019 4:18 pm
crazyrazor
We all know a particular GM that will start using this, if he ever catches wind of it.........
Cough* Cough* abross Cough* Cough*
Last edited at 10/26/2019 4:20 pm

By Smirt211
10/26/2019 4:21 pm
abross was upper card to upper mid-card not main event until the code switched. Suddenly a rocket was strapped to his back and he went to the all-elite stratosphere during the all-passing era.

Believe he dialed in a 100% passing attack and pushed down hard on the neck of it.

Last edited at 10/26/2019 4:23 pm

By Cjfred68
10/26/2019 4:24 pm
I had a meaningless week 16 game in the NFL league and used a WR as CB#6. He only played a few plays and got an interception

By Smirt211
10/26/2019 4:26 pm
Since we're deep into revealing it...

that's how you use it. Woven into the tapestry of a game plan. Better that WR than a 58-60 speed CB where the WR scoots by while saying toodles, *****. LOL!

By AlexanDragon
10/26/2019 4:29 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
abross was upper card not main event until the code switched. Suddenly a rocket was strapped to his back and he went to the all-elite stratosphere during the all-passing era.

Believe he dialed in a 100% passing attack and pushed down hard on the neck of it.

He once won a championship against me using the same couple def plays and using only long passes(not a single rushing play called)... I ranted in the forum's and the next off season he kept sending stupidly lowball offers for some of my players, possibly as a taunt.

Cancer to the game, point!

By Smirt211
10/26/2019 4:39 pm
nods he played a certain way, classy for a long time. Then one day I noticed the flip switch/change and I went against him a few times in big games with his new structure.

It was streamlined and just mashing the same offensive and defensive plays over and over. (Defensively on a drogers v4.2 and prior level)

I think it was his attempt to elevate and go on a title tear.

Last edited at 10/26/2019 4:40 pm

By AlexanDragon
10/26/2019 4:49 pm
Hey if you can't fairly compete, you still gotta try to find a way to compete huh?
I guess he found his own...

Back to the subject, if this becomes a trend, I'm not jumping on the train. Gonna jump out of it actually, just letting you guys know if I quit all of a sudden.

By Smirt211
10/26/2019 4:52 pm
I don't think anyone can utilize this in a major way and win. It has to result in turnstile touchdowns and breakthrough runs if you are bold/dumb enough to plant the WR in a starting CB role.

By CrazyRazor
10/26/2019 7:20 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
Smirt211 wrote:
abross was upper card not main event until the code switched. Suddenly a rocket was strapped to his back and he went to the all-elite stratosphere during the all-passing era.

He once won a championship against me using the same couple def plays and using only long passes(not a single rushing play called)... I ranted in the forum's and the next off season he kept sending stupidly lowball offers for some of my players, possibly as a taunt.

Cancer to the game, point!

Wasn't the guy I was thinking of, but I've played him before & remember his teams improving drastically. Perhaps he's a possible protege to the menace that I'm referring to. Hint: He masquerades as a good guy to new players.