The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Move To Game Engine V 0.4.4 Immediately?

JDB has given user-created leagues the option of moving to game engine version 0.4.4 immediately rather than waiting for the completion of the current season. Please vote as to whether we should retain 4.3 for this season or move immediately to 4.4.

Yes, begin 4.4 immediately
No, wait until next season for 4.4

Re: Move To Game Engine V 0.4.4 Immediately?

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 7:08 pm
agreed

By Pernbronze
12/03/2018 7:13 pm
jabillups85 wrote:
Do all releases cause this much contention? I think people may forget that this game is far from a finished product. I am glad there are guys who are pouring over the data to make it just a little better.

This, so much this. It happens every time and it'll happen next time too. People are just mad they have to make the effort to change their play style a bit.

By Duval
12/03/2018 7:13 pm
I'm not sure what to think about this thread. It seems like people figured out how to beat/exploit the way the game worked and are not frustrated that it doesn't work that way anymore. I'm not sure how I feel about whatever the changes are but as long as updates keep coming I see now reason to get into a fuss over things not working the way they did previously.. I never really liked the fact that my opponents would just bombs away with my CB hanging all over them and complete pass after pass but hey.. I started drafting DB's and adjusted... I'm sure I'll have to adjust some now.. Keep the updates coming and I'm in for the long haul.

By CrazyRazor
12/03/2018 7:18 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:

I would rather see a stable version put out rather than use all leagues as a guinea pig. Then when that version starts working update to a different unstable version. It is like an NFL coach thinking a team needs a total rebuild season after season. I understand the desire for perfection, but that doesn't exist in this context. I realize you didn't roll it out. I get it. I have never complained before and honestly after this will never say another word in regards to the game play. If I get tired of it I will just leave.

I agree with you totally on the part of changing something that is stable for something that is not.

It's unfortunate that JDB and others felt so rushed to "fix" 0.4.3 and bring something else out. Especially when the uproar that was caused by it's initial release had finally started to die down.

I'd like to make a helpful suggestion to anyone that reads this: Save your gameplans before you overhaul them! I saved my 0.4.2 gameplans hoping that the 0.4.3 issues would be resolved and that I might be able to use them at a later time.

greyghost1225, I'm abrasive & extremely forward when I get irritated. I'm not, nor was I ever, irritated at you personally. I apologize. I never intended for you to take my outburst in that context.

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 7:20 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
jabillups85 wrote:
Do all releases cause this much contention? I think people may forget that this game is far from a finished product. I am glad there are guys who are pouring over the data to make it just a little better.

This, so much this. It happens every time and it'll happen next time too. People are just mad they have to make the effort to change their play style a bit.

I appreciate your thoughts and have been through version changes in the past, so I understand what you are saying. I am not mad about having to change my playbook, not by the least. In this league the change doesn't bother me, because I was starting to rebuild anyways. This version doesn't change just the play calling. It changed the game itself and many teams will have to rebuild due to those changes.

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 7:28 pm
lol, okay I finally remembered to hit unsubscribe, nough said, good luck everyone.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/04/2018 5:41 am
I just had a preseason game in Private 75 where my opponent's QB's combined to go 0-36 with 4 INT's. This was our first game action with 4.4 in that league.

https://private75.myfootballnow.com/watch/3666#688544

I purposely left my old game plan in to see how my offense would react. My 1st down settings are 10-25-20-35-10. My QB's did well but mostly threw to RB's, completing 23 to them for 176 yards
Last edited at 12/04/2018 5:45 am

By Pernbronze
12/04/2018 5:44 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
I just had a preseason game in Private 75 where my opponent's QB's combined to go 0-36 with 4 INT's. This was our first game action with 4.4 in that league.

https://private75.myfootballnow.com/watch/3666#688544

Good. This is an improvement. 26 and less accuracy should be going 0-35.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/04/2018 5:47 am

I purposely left my old game plan in to see how my offense would react. My 1st down settings are 10-25-20-35-10. My QB's did well but mostly threw to RB's, completing 23 to them for 176 yards. Long passes on my end were horrible too.

I expected to get more sacks as I always get sacks with that defense.

By tribewriter
12/04/2018 8:50 am
raidergreg69 wrote:

I wondered what kind of coach even uses a QB that poor. Then I saw that setherick is the coach of that team. He must have some kind of experiment going on.