The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Move To Game Engine V 0.4.4 Immediately?

JDB has given user-created leagues the option of moving to game engine version 0.4.4 immediately rather than waiting for the completion of the current season. Please vote as to whether we should retain 4.3 for this season or move immediately to 4.4.

Yes, begin 4.4 immediately
No, wait until next season for 4.4

Re: Move To Game Engine V 0.4.4 Immediately?

By greyghost1225
11/30/2018 2:54 pm
tribewriter wrote:
We have been moved to 4.4, effective immediately.

Fortunately I have already started my rebuild, lol

By setherick
12/01/2018 3:42 pm
Everyone should review this thread: https://rivals.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/63?page=1

It includes details on how to adjust your game plans for 0.4.4.

By greyghost1225
12/01/2018 5:11 pm
For those owners who haven't experienced it yet. It will be a painful transition. It can be done, but it is painful.

By setherick
12/01/2018 5:43 pm
Passing this thread along as well: https://rivals.myfootballnow.com/forums/4/66?page=1&x=39kjGFKV2g#412

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 1:37 am
0.4.4 sucks

By Smirt211
12/03/2018 7:15 am
Straight trash.

By PrivateSnowflake
12/03/2018 7:35 am
I know there's going to be changes to my gameplan when a new version comes out, but I never thought I would have to scrap the whole thing.

I gained 15 yards for the game and was sacked 13 times. I gained a quarter-yard per play.

On the other hand, seth, who has at least some knowledge of 4.4, gained 163 yards and was sacked 11 times.

To summarize: The two-time defending league champ and one of the best owners that has at least seen 4.4 gained 178 total yards and 24 sacks.

Don't take this as me b*tching, just pointing out how different the new code is. This and Rivals will be my beta leagues. Looking forward to the challenge :)

By Smirt211
12/03/2018 7:38 am
The issue is we have one influencer whom was pushing for the methodical style offense (slowly work down the field, be content with small yardage gains) and the other influencer has been pushing for equality, parity and the muting of large yardage gains.

Sprinkle in the sack invasion and yeah, good luck moving the ball.

By setherick
12/03/2018 8:12 am
Smirt211 wrote:
The issue is we have one influencer whom was pushing for the methodical style offense (slowly work down the field, be content with small yardage gains) and the other influencer has been pushing for equality, parity and the muting of large yardage gains.

I am this guy, and to be fair, this is ABSOLUTE NOT what I was doing. It is my play style, and I tested it, but I spend most of my time looking at things OTHER than what my game plan is actually calling.

Things like pass blocking, QB timing, defensive coverage ... basically everything that applies to everyone.

I also spent about 6 hours this weekend doing nothing but breaking down plays and pass blocking until I figured out what was going on.

But don't worry because I'm done spending any of my time making the game more enjoyable for anyone else. I'm only here to win now.

By Smirt211
12/03/2018 8:15 am
Correct and the other is Ray.

And, yes, you're here to win now since the game has been burned to the ground. I like you and I appreciate your work. I don't want to get into anything but when I see so much go down that's frustrating it is probably better I abandon and bounce because it is hard for me to keep my mouth shut amid frustration.