The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Move To Game Engine V 0.4.4 Immediately?

JDB has given user-created leagues the option of moving to game engine version 0.4.4 immediately rather than waiting for the completion of the current season. Please vote as to whether we should retain 4.3 for this season or move immediately to 4.4.

Yes, begin 4.4 immediately
No, wait until next season for 4.4

Re: Move To Game Engine V 0.4.4 Immediately?

By Smirt211
12/03/2018 1:03 pm
I guess but if the changes are being proposed by someone barely in the trenches and battling in the game....why should I respect it?

If it came from the creator and were his moves entirely on how he wants to move the game...I'd shut my mouth, adjust and do what you said.

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 1:12 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
I guess but if the changes are being proposed by someone barely in the trenches and battling in the game....why should I respect it?

If it came from the creator and were his moves entirely on how he wants to move the game...I'd shut my mouth, adjust and do what you said.

The issues that I have seen in the past from simulations such as goal line blitz, buzzer beater, hattrick, and the software hit for the cycle is over coding. I can speak from being a photographer, my photos are never good enough. That is how the thought process works for programmers also. I appreciate what thought it takes to put into this game, I have all respect. I survived the last couple of versions wit not one complaint. It was going to take something drastic for me to bail on some leagues 0.4.4 was it.

By Smirt211
12/03/2018 1:19 pm
I respect what JDB does, as well and I absolutely love the game.

Over-coding *nods* he has been chasing his tail trying to fix elements of the game and it's like getting lost in a labyrinth. Then you're listening to everyone and all the opinions becomes like static noise. I respect all that.

The issue I have is this version forces a complete offensive strategy tear down but not only that it removes so much fun while doing it. We all want to hit the long ball strike or see success for our hard work.

(play installations, over-rides to enhance them)

This is, basically, come in and mute the passing attack as much as possible rendering one phase of it obsolete. (the long ball)

By CrazyRazor
12/03/2018 1:34 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
This is, basically, come in and mute the passing attack as much as possible rendering one phase of it obsolete. (the long ball)

I can assure you guys that wasn't the intention. Yes, we wanted to make coverage better. We did that. Maybe it's too good now, but time will tell.

I just hope you guys don't get so disgruntled that you actually leave the game. That would be disappointing. :(

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 1:54 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
Smirt211 wrote:

I can assure you guys that wasn't the intention. Yes, we wanted to make coverage better. We did that. Maybe it's too good now, but time will tell.

I just hope you guys don't get so disgruntled that you actually leave the game. That would be disappointing. :(

I won’t be leaving this league and can appreciate the work that has been done. At the same time I am not the programmer or in the beta leagues. Honestly I don’t really care what the coding issues are. If you agree or don’t it is fine, my team went to the championship last season, not because I planned against the code, but because I planned against the team and owner, which included short, medium, long passes , inside and outside runs. Watch the 11 passes my decent qb threw in the game, he was sacked 3 times, 2 ints, and completed 4 passes., steamer has a good defense, but not that good, no disrespect intended. It shouldn’t take a flawed beta version release rushed out for the leagues to test.

By CrazyRazor
12/03/2018 4:01 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
Smirt211 wrote:

I won’t be leaving this league and can appreciate the work that has been done. At the same time I am not the programmer or in the beta leagues. Honestly I don’t really care what the coding issues are. If you agree or don’t it is fine, my team went to the championship last season, not because I planned against the code, but because I planned against the team and owner, which included short, medium, long passes , inside and outside runs. Watch the 11 passes my decent qb threw in the game, he was sacked 3 times, 2 ints, and completed 4 passes., steamer has a good defense, but not that good, no disrespect intended. It shouldn’t take a flawed beta version release rushed out for the leagues to test.

I get that you're not happy. Basically you're gonna ***** regardless. I get it. I'm done defending the Beta League.
Don't really care if you like it or not. It is what it is and we all have to deal with it.

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 4:05 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
Smirt211 wrote:

I get that you're not happy. Basically you're gonna ***** regardless. I get it. I'm done defending the Beta League.
Don't really care if you like it or not. It is what it is and we all have to deal with it.

There you have it. I have never said anything negative towards this game and given money in two years, but now I am bitching regardless and you don't give a ****. I get why version 0.4.4 sucks now.

By CrazyRazor
12/03/2018 4:18 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
Smirt211 wrote:

There you have it. I have never said anything negative towards this game and given money in two years, but now I am bitching regardless and you don't give a ****. I get why version 0.4.4 sucks now.

Funny thing: I never encouraged or discouraged this release. I've said we're working towards fixing it. We understand your issues, but obviously it hasn't been enough. I've seen the same issues repeatedly throughout the Forum thread & League threads by multiple members. I've stated that we are working towards resolving it and been rebuttled every single time (and so has setherick).
You guys haven't made suggestions as to fixing the issue. (The Beta Forums are open to everyone, btw.)

Strangely enough "something drastic" caused you to leave multiple leagues, and it had everything to do with this update, but you're not bitching about it. Whatever you say, man.

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 4:32 pm
The funny thing is I never made this personal, you did. I never said I didn't care, actually I have said I appreciate the work and understood the creative process and gave some examples of other simulations that have done the same thing.

I did say I didn't care about the coding. If i wanted to be a programmer I would have went to trade school for it, so in regards to the beta forum, that is the people that run MFN to worry about not me. I have given as much capital as I intend to, especially after your post.

In regards to me leaving multiple leagues, I said it expedited(quickened) the departures although two of the leagues I really didn't want to, but am glad I did after this discussion. If everyone that is responsible for 0.4.4 has a similar attitude as you, I might be done, haven't decided yet. As you have said you don't care what I think and now you have shown the true colors of the people behind the scenes of MFN. The bottom line is I want to play a realistic game compared to the real thing of today, not the 1970's.

By jabillups85
12/03/2018 4:35 pm
Do all releases cause this much contention? I think people may forget that this game is far from a finished product. I am glad there are guys who are pouring over the data to make it just a little better.