The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Move To Game Engine V 0.4.4 Immediately?

JDB has given user-created leagues the option of moving to game engine version 0.4.4 immediately rather than waiting for the completion of the current season. Please vote as to whether we should retain 4.3 for this season or move immediately to 4.4.

Yes, begin 4.4 immediately
No, wait until next season for 4.4

Re: Move To Game Engine V 0.4.4 Immediately?

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 11:23 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
I broke down my plays from my game using the offensive play list...the math there doesn't quite lineup with the box score but it's close enough

Outside Run 6 rushes 15 yards

Inside Run 27 for 73 yards

Short Pass 18 attempts 71 yards

Medium Pass 8 for 100 *(at least 1 big YAC on a broken tackle inflated this)

Long Pass 4 plays for minus 3 yards

Yep, I want the option to punt on 3rd and long.

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 11:28 am
The only thing I can figure with the new code is they imagined Ryan Tannehill as their idea qb and not drew brees

By Smirt211
12/03/2018 11:28 am
Ok I'm going to say it and try to be delicate. I respect the **** out of Seth and owe so much to him on my learning of game-plan and respect that he can come in with his knowledge and battle for any title. This doesn't have to do with him.

However....

An agenda was pushed and while we all battle in the trenches in the playoffs and try as hard as we can to get as far as we can against intense competition with our strategies which we dedicated tons and tons of hours into...

someone has been on the sidelines, pushing their agenda as an influencer to take out the long passing game and flat out....THAT IS NOT FAIR...!!!!!!!!!!!

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 11:42 am
I have a big supporter of MFN since I have been playing, even donating money on a few occasions. I have been in many leagues and normally take over losing, bankrupt teams and making them profitable and get them winning games. With what I seen of the new code those days are over. I hope no LA takes it personally, but will be cutting down to 3-4 teams by the end of December. Those 3 or 4 will be for the social aspect. I will remain in this league as long as tribe wants me. That being said I will be running a set game plan to beat the ai, regardless of who I am playing. If I win ok, if I lose ok.

By Pernbronze
12/03/2018 12:40 pm
I didn't have too much trouble but I did scrap my game plan. For sure what worked and was exploited before doesn't now but this is generally true for every update.

By CrazyRazor
12/03/2018 12:49 pm
I gotta ask this:

So you guys were okay with 3rd & Long connecting for 1st downs more than they weren't? I don't mind the Long Pass game. I just never used it much until 0.4.3 came out & I was forced to adjust.

What I do like is that this bombs away strategy won't work anymore.
What I don't like is that the QB is holding the ball far too long & taking sacks because of it.

Yes, we rushed to get this out. Yes it came when ppl were beginning to adjust to 0.4.3.
I remember that I went nuts after 0.4.3 was released. I was totally frustrated that blitzing wouldn't work like it used to and Medium/Long passes that featured the TE were total exploitations of the system.
Now we are right back in the situation of a "new code" that no one is accustomed to, except the 32 of us in the Beta League.
Give it time, guys.

There's always something new that pops up when a code is released to the larger group.

By Smirt211
12/03/2018 12:52 pm
I stay away from Beta so that it doesn't shape my current strategic decisions.

But maybe I should have participated to be an 'agent of protection.'

Then again, it'd probably just set me off and get me in trouble. LOL

I think that Long Passing should be a facet of the game. Neither exploited or shut down entirely. Centrist.

Utilized and works in certain situations/against certain defensive mistakes and wrong keys.

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 12:53 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
I didn't have too much trouble but I did scrap my game plan. For sure what worked and was exploited before doesn't now but this is generally true for every update.

I am sure it worked for many. I am not a believer of short yardage smash mouth football, that died in the 70’s, early 80’s. I have always up until now played against my opponent and set my game plans to do this, not plan against the AI, as smirt said, switch all the leagues to roster only and be done with it.

In addition might as well remove the offensive characteristics for coaches for pass or west coast oriented, it doesn’t exist any longer
Last edited at 12/03/2018 12:56 pm

By Smirt211
12/03/2018 12:55 pm
Yeah, because pretty much that's what Ray would want us to be playing.

(for real)

By trslick
12/03/2018 1:02 pm
We adjust to what changes the best we can!