The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Move To Game Engine V 0.4.4 Immediately?

JDB has given user-created leagues the option of moving to game engine version 0.4.4 immediately rather than waiting for the completion of the current season. Please vote as to whether we should retain 4.3 for this season or move immediately to 4.4.

Yes, begin 4.4 immediately
No, wait until next season for 4.4

Re: Move To Game Engine V 0.4.4 Immediately?

By RoyceR
12/03/2018 8:43 am
Y'all overreact way to much. If we spent as much time looking at why things didn't work as we did complaining it would be fixed in no time.

Seth keep your head up and keep putting in the work. It's fine.

Watching my game there wasn't nearly as much to complain about. Barely any sacks. Lineman blocked correctly on most plays. And not a ton of silly drops. Honestly is looked better than the 4.3 where you knew every closely guarded receiver would catch it and every wide open would drop it. To me there is progress. Ya I didn't put up the 51 points I did in week 1. But the game was fun to watch and closely contested. I haven't watched any of the high sack games to see what causing it yet.

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 10:07 am
RoyceR wrote:
Y'all overreact way to much. If we spent as much time looking at why things didn't work as we did complaining it would be fixed in no time.

Seth keep your head up and keep putting in the work. It's fine.

Watching my game there wasn't nearly as much to complain about. Barely any sacks. Lineman blocked correctly on most plays. And not a ton of silly drops. Honestly is looked better than the 4.3 where you knew every closely guarded receiver would catch it and every wide open would drop it. To me there is progress. Ya I didn't put up the 51 points I did in week 1. But the game was fun to watch and closely contested. I haven't watched any of the high sack games to see what causing it yet.

I appreciate the work that was done, but the only over reaction was PUSHING this new version out. I intentionally left my game plan the same as game one. My qb threw 11 passes, watch every one and tell me there isn’t issues.

By tribewriter
12/03/2018 10:29 am
I read that completion percentages might go up. But, even against Georgia's crummy secondary, 23-for-27 is a bit much for Birmingham's QB, who is a 63 overall by my weights. Not complaining, just observing.
https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/box/2372
Last edited at 12/03/2018 10:30 am

By RoyceR
12/03/2018 10:37 am
It might be worthwhile if we started a thread to mention things we think are off. Like tribe said that seems over successful for a low rated qb. Was it the same play over and over, was it beating the same defensive style? Lots of questions. And if we had everyone look at least 2 games we might get a handle on things. Seth posted in another forum some oline blocking issues that may not have showed up in my game depending on the defenses we played.

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 10:42 am
What I seen is this anytime a team is on 3rd down and long, just me the option to punt. There Is no reason for me to throw an 8 yard pass, run or take a sack.

By Smirt211
12/03/2018 10:45 am
I left mine the same, as well, to see what an established game plan would do. Seasons of not deviating off the plays.

I haven't dove deep into the results yet, though, except the eyeball test saw tons of sacks against me and one style of pass connecting for the big gainer.

That and two prominent GMs (who know their sh*%) having their game plans reduced to dust. :(

By Smirt211
12/03/2018 10:49 am
But, hey, lets go ROSTER ONLY in all leagues and call it a wrap. :P

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/03/2018 11:03 am
I switched my offense up a bit, left defense alone. I saw the posts about sacks and dialed down the % of medium/long passes I throw and took out some plays to add more short passes.

My offense looked like it had no rhythm, completion % was high but ypa were low and too many 3rd down passes short of the sticks.

Only 4 sacks total I believe, 2 each but we combined for 7 turnovers. Rudi Johnson and his 87/100 avoid fumble lost the ball his first 2 touches.

Generals scored 3 TD's, but 1 was the opening kickoff and the other 2 set up by turnovers.

Neither team had a drive longer than 49 yards.

By greyghost1225
12/03/2018 11:06 am
Smirt211 wrote:
But, hey, lets go ROSTER ONLY in all leagues and call it a wrap. :P

Agreed

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/03/2018 11:18 am
I broke down my plays from my game using the offensive play list...the math there doesn't quite lineup with the box score but it's close enough

Outside Run 6 rushes 15 yards

Inside Run 27 for 73 yards

Short Pass 18 attempts 71 yards

Medium Pass 8 for 100 *(at least 1 big YAC on a broken tackle inflated this)

Long Pass 4 plays for minus 3 yards