The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1985 Season

By Smirt211
9/30/2019 4:15 pm
....and there was a pc owner pc#### who decimated a couple of teams.

By Cjfred68
10/01/2019 8:39 am
I was looking ahead to week 16 (I know it's a no-no) to see what my chances are for a bye and week 16 looks epic.

Denver Gold (12-2)
@
Memphis Showboats (13-1)

Houston Gamblers (12-2)
@
Birmingham Stallions (12-2)

Baltimore Stars (12-1-1)
@
Washington Federals (12-2)

Florida Blazers (7-7)
@
Jacksonville Bulls (7-7)

Tampa Bay Bandits (7-7)
@
Philadelphia Bell (6-8)

New Orleans Voodoo (6-8)
@
New York Stars (7-7)

The Commissioner should be happy with the schedule maker as plenty should be decided in week 16

By Smirt211
10/01/2019 8:40 am
Lots of teams vying for Wild Card spots.

Tough competitive league.

By Wolveraider
10/01/2019 9:30 am
The dilemma of locking up the first round bye early (granted home field is still in play)....to play all my starters and risk injury?

I could sit them to protect my self....is that an integrity issue? Considering the last two games on my schedule it could certainly have ramifications on teams playoff situations. I have already made my decision...putting this out there more as a topic of discussion.

By Smirt211
10/01/2019 9:32 am
Yeah, you're not giving me a break. No one does.

However, I approached our game like all others - never underestimate.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
10/01/2019 10:38 am
Wolveraider wrote:
The dilemma of locking up the first round bye early (granted home field is still in play)....to play all my starters and risk injury?

I could sit them to protect my self....is that an integrity issue? Considering the last two games on my schedule it could certainly have ramifications on teams playoff situations. I have already made my decision...putting this out there more as a topic of discussion.

It's no dilemma unless you're unsure what you want to do. I've been in your position before and sat starters because at the end of the day, you need to do what's best for your team.

If a team is out of the playoff race, and they want to see how some reserves perform as starters, fine.

By pdoug20
10/01/2019 2:59 pm
Us Breakers hung around the playoff race as long as we could, but just ran out of gas at the end. I'm liking where we're headed though, so we may be a piece or two away from making some noise...

10/01/2019 3:43 pm
pdoug20 wrote:
Us Breakers hung around the playoff race as long as we could, but just ran out of gas at the end. I'm liking where we're headed though, so we may be a piece or two away from making some noise...

I'm just hoping you don't knock me out of the playoffs in Week 16

10/01/2019 10:50 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
I was going to give up my AFL team so I'd have more time here but that team was a rebuild project. I had to get a bunch of players, and the team is good and competitive, but also $32 million of dead cap.

I didn't want to leave that for someone else, but I guess it doesn't matter if the AI gets hold of it. I thought I left my roster only team in good shape but the AI has them $16 million over the cap, so they will be contributing to the waiver wire frenzy.

I really wish the AI contract stuff was fixed so I'd feel less guilty leaving teams.

Well thanks to the name and shame thread, I no longer have that team in AFL. https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/community/2/5686?page=1. The guy so bad he made the list twice joined Booger's old team, Texas Terror tonight.

When I saw pc 22whatever joined, I linked the name and shame as a reply on his welcome to the league post, then left my team. I'm in the same division as Texas Terror and I know what's likely coming soon and I don't want to deal with it.

10/02/2019 12:00 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
I was going to give up my AFL team so I'd have more time here but that team was a rebuild project. I had to get a bunch of players, and the team is good and competitive, but also $32 million of dead cap.

I didn't want to leave that for someone else, but I guess it doesn't matter if the AI gets hold of it. I thought I left my roster only team in good shape but the AI has them $16 million over the cap, so they will be contributing to the waiver wire frenzy.

I really wish the AI contract stuff was fixed so I'd feel less guilty leaving teams.

Well thanks to the name and shame thread, I no longer have that team in AFL. https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/community/2/5686?page=1. The guy so bad he made the list twice joined Booger's old team, Texas Terror tonight.

When I saw pc 22whatever joined, I linked the name and shame as a reply on his welcome to the league post, then left my team. I'm in the same division as Texas Terror and I know what's likely coming soon and I don't want to deal with it.

I shouldn't have just left, and I'm actually back in already. Made a rash decision because I'm on like 3 hours sleep, but I did get the attention of the commish, who will be ridding the cancer before the draft. Early detection saves leagues.