League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1985 Season

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/23/2019 2:51 pm
Awesome way to start 1985, with 4 serious OL injuries in preseason game 1, plus a serious DL injury. This game is becoming like a 2nd job almost with all the **** time I have to spend covering injuries.

I feel like singing Phil Collins at the top of my lungs "I don't care anymore".

Re: 1985 Season

By tribewriter
8/23/2019 3:58 pm
You have 12 teams, and some are in some pretty lousy leagues. Maybe cut it back a bit so you can focus on the best leagues?

That is all I can suggest. I can't do anything about the injuries. You may want to try using overrides to get more of a rotation at certain positions, but I bet you already thought of that.

8/23/2019 4:19 pm
tribewriter wrote:
You have 12 teams, and some are in some pretty lousy leagues. Maybe cut it back a bit so you can focus on the best leagues?

That is all I can suggest. I can't do anything about the injuries. You may want to try using overrides to get more of a rotation at certain positions, but I bet you already thought of that.

You can't, but something has been done to turn injuries up and I'm tired of it. The least they could do is spread it out like it used to be, you know still have 4 serious injuries but 1 would be an OL, 1 a skill guy, 1 DL and 1 LB or DB. That's way easier to deal with than 4 in one position group.

This is becoming a trend too, I see lots of posts complaining about cluster injuries. I've been dealing with this **** on multiple teams for awhile now and I'm at my breaking point. Fantasy football drafts are coming up and I still have to work and sleep, so something has to give.

At the least, I'll probably put in minimum effort on several teams the next 2 weeks because I really don't care anymore.

By Hellbringer
8/23/2019 9:55 pm
I don't even activate my my main guys. Think I around 10 starters deactivated

8/24/2019 4:23 am
Hellbringer wrote:

Only 1 of the 5 serious injuries were to a starter but that's not the point. Now my starters have to play more this week because the backups are banged up.

By tribewriter
8/24/2019 5:05 am
Hellbringer wrote:

Don't those guys need the conditioning? I am thinking differently on that issue, based on JDBs most recent post.

By Infinity on Trial
8/24/2019 8:36 am
I set my subs rate at 10, then played starters all game. The hope was to boost conditioning while minimizing injury.

Goal now is to play starters 2 quarters this next game, then rest or play 1Q in last preseason game.

By tribewriter
8/24/2019 10:39 am
Infinity on Trial wrote:
I set my subs rate at 10, then played starters all game. The hope was to boost conditioning while minimizing injury.

Goal now is to play starters 2 quarters this next game, then rest or play 1Q in last preseason game.

That is how I have done it in the past. However, according to JDB's most recent post (below), it sounds like I should have been doing exactly the opposite.

There is a low amount of conditioning going into Preseason Game 1, which is a primary factor in injuries. You need to gradually get your players more playing time through the preseason to build their conditioning, and be sure to have 60 active players (unless your cap doesn't allow it).

You may have done that and still had the injuries, but in general if you go through preseason with that strategy you will avoid most injuries.

By Infinity on Trial
8/24/2019 10:43 am
My thinking is that the sub rate is a buffer against playing starters so much they get hurt. The goal is to get them fully conditioned, then rest and recover from minor injuries before the start of the season. A four-game preseason makes it easier.

By greyghost1225
8/24/2019 11:20 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
Awesome way to start 1985, with 4 serious OL injuries in preseason game 1, plus a serious DL injury. This game is becoming like a 2nd job almost with all the **** time I have to spend covering injuries.

I feel like singing Phil Collins at the top of my lungs "I don't care anymore".

There are actually a couple of covers of that song, that I like better than the Phil Collins version, but please sing away. Post a clip I think we would enjoy hearing it. :)