League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1985 Season

By Smirt211
9/24/2019 6:19 am
Final re-sign sent in for the season and two cosmetic product placements added/placed into the depth chart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQawHJ38Sc

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/24/2019 9:24 am
Smirt211 wrote:
Final re-sign sent in for the season and two cosmetic product placements added/placed into the depth chart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQawHJ38Sc

Van Hagar? I prefer VH with DLR.

By Smirt211
9/24/2019 9:45 am
DLR's version is edgier and has more grit. Also contains the epic masterpieces such as Panama and Running with the Devil.

I like Sammy Hagar's vibe though and the human being. Right Now and Why Can't This be Love are awesome songs I enjoy.

By pdoug20
9/24/2019 9:14 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
pdoug20 wrote:
Tootin' my own horn here after years of bottom-dwelling... the Breakers picked up their 5th win of the season in their 24-0 shutout of San Jose, their most since the '77 season. Defense definitely stood out in this win, so now let's hope the entire offense can become consistent as the season rolls on...

Good for you....its been a rough go since the success in year 1....glad to see you turn it around. What's been the key to the turnaround? Have some of those high draft picks finally made a difference or was it free agent signings or possibly a trade or two.

This game is a roster sim at its heart and it's nice to see an owner keep and manage a team through some tough seasons and get them turned around.

Hopefully you finish strong and make a run at the playoffs

I wish I knew what the key was. I guess it was just reading some of the posts from our league (very few of my other leagues are active like this one) and using the advice that you guys have shared. I'll admit- there were a few times where it was getting frustrating to the point that I considered leaving and giving someone else a shot to turn around the team . But this league has been so good to me as an original owner that I wanted to see this team through. It's only a matter of time before it all comes together!! Appreciate the support!!

By pdoug20
9/24/2019 9:15 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Congratulations and my PM is always open for pointers/nudges of assistance. I'd definitely be willing to give you a few ideas on continuing the roll you're on. :)

Thanks Smirt- definitely will take you up on that!!

By pdoug20
9/24/2019 9:16 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
pdoug20 wrote:
Tootin' my own horn here after years of bottom-dwelling... the Breakers picked up their 5th win of the season in their 24-0 shutout of San Jose, their most since the '77 season. Defense definitely stood out in this win, so now let's hope the entire offense can become consistent as the season rolls on...

You are undefeated this season when you score at least 10 points. Glad to see you have some success, keep up the good work.

Thanks so much, Commish- it's only a matter of time once the offense comes together!!

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/25/2019 1:43 am
Good game Birmingham

By Mcarovil
9/25/2019 7:17 am
Nice division win Florida. FL hitch and overuse doesn’t end pretty. I need to update my defense to give us a chance against the I formations. The Southeast division is wide open.

By Smirt211
9/25/2019 10:07 am
Great game, Loftus.

I nearly did a very bad GM job. I tried to get away with a play which I know strikes (and zaps you) like a curled up viper because it's average per play was shiny and pretty.

By vcr5150
9/25/2019 10:44 am
Smirt211 wrote:
DLR's version is edgier and has more grit. Also contains the epic masterpieces such as Panama and Running with the Devil.

I like Sammy Hagar's vibe though and the human being. Right Now and Why Can't This be Love are awesome songs I enjoy.

It's all good! \m/