League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1985 Season

By CrazyRazor
9/23/2019 3:05 pm
Mcarovil, that was a really good game until the 4th quarter started. I feel for ya, bud. I've had QB's **** their pants just like that. Good luck with the rest of the season! We might meet again.

By mwd65
9/23/2019 4:06 pm
trslick wrote:
GG mwd, its your year!

Thanks, trslick!

This was a big win for the division race, but I've seen the Express have some lengthy losing streaks the past couple seasons. I'm not taking anything lightly.

Good luck the rest of the season.

By Infinity on Trial
9/23/2019 7:54 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Gg Infinity.....dont sell yourself short....nobody goes 10-1 in this league by accident.

I have a feeling we will see each other one more time

With a roster built from the scrap heap (22 players on min contracts), I'm happy to be better than 1-10.

By Mcarovil
9/23/2019 8:14 pm
Really? I thought our offense stunk like elephant ****. Our defense kept us in it until late in the 3rd. It’s funny. I’ve seen my good offense go to **** in another league out of the blue for a stretch. Hopefully it’s not too long of a stretch.
CrazyRazor wrote:
Mcarovil, that was a really good game until the 4th quarter started. I feel for ya, bud. I've had QB's **** their pants just like that. Good luck with the rest of the season! We might meet again.

By CrazyRazor
9/23/2019 8:39 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
Really? I thought our offense stunk like elephant ****. Our defense kept us in it until late in the 3rd. It’s funny. I’ve seen my good offense go to **** in another league out of the blue for a stretch. Hopefully it’s not too long of a stretch.
CrazyRazor wrote:

I definitely meant score wise. You were in the game until the 4th. I should've worded it differently.

By Mcarovil
9/23/2019 8:42 pm
No worries. I hear you. This sim always throws me for a loop.
CrazyRazor wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:

I definitely meant score wise. You were in the game until the 4th. I should've worded it differently.

By pdoug20
9/23/2019 11:49 pm
Tootin' my own horn here after years of bottom-dwelling... the Breakers picked up their 5th win of the season in their 24-0 shutout of San Jose, their most since the '77 season. Defense definitely stood out in this win, so now let's hope the entire offense can become consistent as the season rolls on...

By Cjfred68
9/23/2019 11:59 pm
pdoug20 wrote:
Tootin' my own horn here after years of bottom-dwelling... the Breakers picked up their 5th win of the season in their 24-0 shutout of San Jose, their most since the '77 season. Defense definitely stood out in this win, so now let's hope the entire offense can become consistent as the season rolls on...

Good for you....its been a rough go since the success in year 1....glad to see you turn it around. What's been the key to the turnaround? Have some of those high draft picks finally made a difference or was it free agent signings or possibly a trade or two.

This game is a roster sim at its heart and it's nice to see an owner keep and manage a team through some tough seasons and get them turned around.

Hopefully you finish strong and make a run at the playoffs

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/24/2019 4:01 am
pdoug20 wrote:

You are undefeated this season when you score at least 10 points. Glad to see you have some success, keep up the good work.

By Smirt211
9/24/2019 5:46 am
Congratulations and my PM is always open for pointers/nudges of assistance. I'd definitely be willing to give you a few ideas on continuing the roll you're on. :)