The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1985 Season

By Mcarovil
9/30/2019 7:12 am
Good win Blazers. We are now officially in total collapse. No idea how we fell apart so bad. I’m guessing it was JAX throwing out the jinx at mid season.

By Smirt211
9/30/2019 8:02 am
*X-Chops to the Rogers arm injury* should I leave it murky? Nah obviously I'm not standing down yet. He's playing.

Got clowned early and had Little Natch (Charles Robinson - WCW Referee ....where the nickname derived from off Ric Flair) running touchdowns in on us.

To the lab...!

Good game, UKrain. You were one shot at the end from beating us. One connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fc67yQsPqQ

By Smirt211
9/30/2019 9:28 am
This is getting interesting. We can control our fate against 1 of the 5...7-7 teams. 1 drops off because they'll win the division. That leaves 3 unchecked vs. 1 (me) for the 2nd Wild Card spot.

The saga continues. lol

By hectorg93
9/30/2019 11:28 am
GG Generals didn't think we would get this win. I guess my team finally decided to wake up the last few games after that horrible start. I would greatly appreciate if you beat the Blazers especially as I gotta play a tough Gold team. Good luck the rest of the season.

By hectorg93
9/30/2019 11:45 am
Mcarovil wrote:
Good win Blazers. We are now officially in total collapse. No idea how we fell apart so bad. I’m guessing it was JAX throwing out the jinx at mid season.

LMAO dude you can't blame me for crowning you around mid season , you were rolling and the division looked like **** other than your team. It should be a good last two weeks, all three of us have a tough match up this week, we'll see how the division looks after.

By trslick
9/30/2019 11:57 am
GG Panthers

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/30/2019 3:49 pm
Going to do power rankings and the blog in the morning after work. Had 3 drafts today plus a free agency 1 in a league I renewed last minute. I was going to give up my AFL team so I'd have more time here but that team was a rebuild project. I had to get a bunch of players, and the team is good and competitive, but also $32 million of dead cap.

I didn't want to leave that for someone else, but I guess it doesn't matter if the AI gets hold of it. I thought I left my roster only team in good shape but the AI has them $16 million over the cap, so they will be contributing to the waiver wire frenzy.

I really wish the AI contract stuff was fixed so I'd feel less guilty leaving teams.

By Cjfred68
9/30/2019 3:59 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Going to do power rankings and the blog in the morning after work. Had 3 drafts today plus a free agency 1 in a league I renewed last minute. I was going to give up my AFL team so I'd have more time here but that team was a rebuild project. I had to get a bunch of players, and the team is good and competitive, but also $32 million of dead cap.

I didn't want to leave that for someone else, but I guess it doesn't matter if the AI gets hold of it. I thought I left my roster only team in good shape but the AI has them $16 million over the cap, so they will be contributing to the waiver wire frenzy.

I really wish the AI contract stuff was fixed so I'd feel less guilty leaving teams.

I know the feeling. But that isnt exclusive to just the A.I. I left my Washington team in the NFL league after winning a title 2 years prior then I stayed to defend it, made the playoffs but fell short. The following season, I left after making a league announcement stating the team had the core signed and 35 million left to sign free agents.

Some owner took the team and destroyed them in a real world week. He signed +40 contracts to players already on the team and signed to multiple years. It took the cap to -100 million under the cap.

I felt so bad after Greg told me somebody was running their mouth about me abandoning a team in that condition that I had to take the team back over. I'm into season 2 if the COMPLETE rebuild and its gonna take 2 more seasons at least to get them anywhere near competitive.

You spend so much time, months of building and constructing a roster only to have someone ruin it all I'm a week!

By Smirt211
9/30/2019 4:04 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwrzggS_630

In all seriousness there should be safeguards in place to avoid what pc-3PO did or whatever that user's name is. Reject and lock-out if a GM does wacky contract purging or insane signings their cap can't handle.

By punisher
9/30/2019 4:14 pm
Smirt211 wrote:

In all seriousness there should be safeguards in place to avoid what did or whatever that user's name is. Reject and lock-out if a GM does wacky contract purging or insane signings their cap can't handle.

his name is beav58 = https://nfl.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/871?page=1