The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Fans of X and Non-Fans of X

By Pernbronze
4/11/2019 9:27 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
I don think it will be interesting if two extreme cases happen this season. What will be said if the Giants make the playoffs and the Browns don't?

If the browns don't, I wouldn't be surprised, they always shoot themselves in the foot, it's like their Golden rule. If the Giants make the playoffs with Eli would be more surprising though riding Barkley is a solid path. Look what Zeke does for Dak. Still they don't have much besides Barkley and don't have Dallas defense.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/12/2019 12:05 am
Browns look like an emotionally volatile team to me. We all know about Beckham's outbursts when he doesn't get the ball, and Landry isn't shy with his emotions either. Mayfield seems like a lightning rod as well.

They need to get off to a fast start and ride the momentum. If they start out bad and the pressure mounts, which it will with the increased expectations, how will they react with a rookie head coach, and a 2nd year QB?

There are also 3 other teams nobody is talking about, including the old Browns in Baltimore. Steelers might be dangerous if they quit worrying about ex teammates and the Bengals have some talent so I'm not ready to put them directly in the playoffs at this point.

By Pernbronze
4/12/2019 1:17 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
Browns look like an emotionally volatile team to me. We all know about Beckham's outbursts when he doesn't get the ball, and Landry isn't shy with his emotions either. Mayfield seems like a lightning rod as well.

They need to get off to a fast start and ride the momentum. If they start out bad and the pressure mounts, which it will with the increased expectations, how will they react with a rookie head coach, and a 2nd year QB?

There are also 3 other teams nobody is talking about, including the old Browns in Baltimore. Steelers might be dangerous if they quit worrying about ex teammates and the Bengals have some talent so I'm not ready to put them directly in the playoffs at this point.

I think Baltimore is easily the top team in the division, then the other three are about even.