The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Fans of X and Non-Fans of X

By tribewriter
4/08/2019 2:55 pm
Mcarovil made this statement in another thread the other day:
More importantly, in 2019 the real life Browns will be just as good!!!

I am not a fan of a particular NFL team. I do know I dislike the Browns. Cleveland has qualified for the playoffs once in the last 20 years, so that has been a good thing for me. Nothing against Mcarovil, one of our original coaches. I am sure he has some reason for his unbridled optimism on behalf of that sorry franchise.

I was curious to know whether there was any one team that seemed to be a favorite of our league coaches.

There were several, who like me, do not swear allegiance to any team. But there were 20 different clubs that were named by coaches in their league directory profiles. Oakland was named by four coaches, Philadelphia three.
https://mfnusflwfl.blogspot.com/p/coach-profilesdirectory.html

Here is the complete list:
Oakland 4
Philadelphia 3
Miami 2
Jacksonville 2
Cincinnati 2
Washington 2
NY Giants 2
Baltimore 2
Pittsburgh 1
Tampa Bay 1
Green Bay 1
San Francisco 1
Detroit 1
Houston 1
Dallas 1
Cleveland 1
Arizona 1
Tennessee 1
Kansas City 1
Last edited at 4/08/2019 2:58 pm

By tribewriter
4/08/2019 2:56 pm
Having said that, are there any teams you really want to see lose every week?
Last edited at 4/08/2019 2:56 pm

By greyghost1225
4/08/2019 3:13 pm
I have two favorites, Oakland(one foot out the door) and Miami.
Last edited at 4/08/2019 3:13 pm

By hectorg93
4/08/2019 3:20 pm
As A Cowboys fan I love seeing the Eagles, Giants , and Rodgers lose and if all three lose the same week even better!
Last edited at 4/08/2019 5:30 pm

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/08/2019 3:23 pm
Bengals are my 2nd fav team since I live close by. I hate the Broncos the most, followed closely by the Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys and Patriots.

Used to hate the Browns, but since they've been irrelevant for so long, the hate went away. Still don't like them, and I'll probably hate them again if they turn out to be as good as some think they'll be.

I hate the Ravens because of what they did to Cleveland and Oakland, plus they had players I loved to hate like Fat *** Siragusa and Shannon Sharpe. If Siragusa doesn't illegally fall on Rich Gannon, forcing Bobby Hoying into the game, Ravens have 1 less SB appearance.

By ToroTex
4/08/2019 3:27 pm
tribewriter wrote:
Having said that, are there any teams you really want to see lose every week?

I speak for all 32 owners in this league when I say that the one team we'd like to see lose every week is the Cheatriots...

By Pernbronze
4/08/2019 3:33 pm
I struggle to hate a team because I love football and judge by individual merits. For example hate Brady but love Bill Belechick and Edelman and Gronk. Closest team I come to hating is the Giants. Mostly because I hate the management, coaches, and Eli Manning.

By Otterpop
4/08/2019 3:34 pm
My loyalty lies in who is on my fantasy football team and/or my draft kings line up. Cannot make money if you have algenice to a team

I do however have a team I dislike at that is the New England Patriots (yes I know about the rings, so spare me) I take personal joy in seeing them lose. As soon as Belichick leaves my feelings may change but until then I want to see them lose....

On a side note the feeling for Alabama is the same as soon as Saban leaves my loyalty will return.

By tribewriter
4/08/2019 3:42 pm
Otterpop wrote:
I do however have a team I dislike at that is the New England Patriots (yes I know about the rings, so spare me) I take personal joy in seeing them lose. As soon as Belichick leaves my feelings may change but until then I want to see them lose.....

Interesting that, among our 32 coaches, not one named New England as his favorite team.

By Duval
4/08/2019 3:45 pm
I moved to Jacksonville in 95'. The Jaguars are the only sports "team" I follow, but I just love football. I love watching good football no matter which team it is, even when they make plays against my Jags... I'm just like "well, **** that was good", ha!

I don't dislike any team and I'd say I'm on the side of a Patriots fans simply because right now, they are setting the bar for what it takes to be the best.. what it looks like to be the greatest. It's good for the game, and it's also good that it's going to be ending.

Jags for life.