The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Fans of X and Non-Fans of X

By tribewriter
4/09/2019 11:58 am
AlexanDragon wrote:
I really hate the toronto maple leafs and the boston bruins.

Theres always this one canadian who brings up hockey in a football thread, OMG!

They play each other in the first round. Whom do you root for? Or against?

By trslick
4/09/2019 12:28 pm
I will add some fuel to the fire! LOVE Pittsburg because of family ties, love Chicago because of
sweetness, like KC because I live in Kansas part of the time! On the other hand, I live near Denver part of the time and dislike the broncos, dislike new england and hate the ravens for protecting a murderer for all those years! For some reason I don't remember, I like Arizona!

By Mcarovil
4/09/2019 12:52 pm
Hate the Steelers and Baltimore fake Browns.

Browns are gonna be repaying some debts moving forward. It’s been long time coming and it will be glorious.

By greyghost1225
4/09/2019 12:55 pm
Mcarovil wrote:

Browns are gonna be repaying some debts moving forward. It’s been long time coming and it will be glorious.

Typical expansion browns fan, up until you start losing. Then it is the refs fault or the other team cheated. Browns fans always have an excuse.

By Mcarovil
4/09/2019 1:00 pm
Expansion fan? Confusing. Don’t blame anyone for anything except players and coaches. For the record they have lost for 19 years so “when” has already happened and still here.

greyghost1225 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

Typical expansion browns fan, up until you start losing. Then it is the refs fault or the other team cheated. Browns fans always have an excuse.

By greyghost1225
4/09/2019 1:10 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
Expansion fan? Confusing. Don’t blame anyone for anything except players and coaches. For the record they have lost for 19 years so “when” has already happened and still here.

greyghost1225 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

Yes they have been an expansion team since 1999. All I can say is this is the longest it has taken an expansion team to win in the NFL, if they do.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/09/2019 1:20 pm
PrivateSnowflake wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers can BURN!!!

I second this 1000x.

For the record, the Steelers do not "travel". That's a myth. In over 150 games attended, I have never met anyone in Steelers garb who was from anywhere near Pittsburgh. They're just people that get a rise out of being "the jerk" or very large women betting on the fact that you won't punch them (even after they've hit you). I advise against taking anyone under 15 to an NFL game, but I would never take a kid to a game vs the Steelers bc of the profanity and violence is ratcheted up to a whole 'nother level.

Re: Bengals season tix for 15 years, gave them up because at age 40+, just couldn't take the NFL "experience" anymore. If you're looking to spend a Sunday afternoon packed in with people so drunk they can't hold onto their $10 beer and you can't sit down in your $100 seat because we're going to stand the whole time and "F**K YOU/STAND UP FA**OT" is the standard reply for ANYONE 8-80 then by all means, go for it.

One of the many reasons I gave up my Bengals tickets. Had seats in the end zone by the river, awesome seats but grew tired of the drunk scene. I already cater to drunks at work (I deliver pizza until 3 or 4 am, mostly drunk people late) and don't like dealing with them on my time. Not to mention ticket prices went up every year, as did parking, and I also like watching all the games on Sunday, not just the 1 I went to. By the time I get through traffic, it's 6:30 by the time I get home.

By greyghost1225
4/09/2019 1:23 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
PrivateSnowflake wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers can BURN!!!

I second this 1000x.

For the record, the Steelers do not "travel". That's a myth. In over 150 games attended, I have never met anyone in Steelers garb who was from anywhere near Pittsburgh. They're just people that get a rise out of being "the jerk" or very large women betting on the fact that you won't punch them (even after they've hit you). I advise against taking anyone under 15 to an NFL game, but I would never take a kid to a game vs the Steelers bc of the profanity and violence is ratcheted up to a whole 'nother level.

Re: Bengals season tix for 15 years, gave them up because at age 40+, just couldn't take the NFL "experience" anymore. If you're looking to spend a Sunday afternoon packed in with people so drunk they can't hold onto their $10 beer and you can't sit down in your $100 seat because we're going to stand the whole time and "F**K YOU/STAND UP FA**OT" is the standard reply for ANYONE 8-80 then by all means, go for it.

One of the many reasons I gave up my Bengals tickets. Had seats in the end zone by the river, awesome seats but grew tired of the drunk scene. I already cater to drunks at work (I deliver pizza until 3 or 4 am, mostly drunk people late) and don't like dealing with them on my time. Not to mention ticket prices went up every year, as did parking, and I also like watching all the games on Sunday, not just the 1 I went to. By the time I get through traffic, it's 6:30 by the time I get home.

I use to go see the Raiders and bengals play at riverfront when I lived in Ohio. I went to my first game this past season at the hard rock and saw the Raiders/Dolphins play. It was the first time in 25-30 years.

By Mcarovil
4/09/2019 1:47 pm
Can't change the past or things out of my control but yes, they have been absolutely pathetic and when they finally win it will be all that much amazing so lets see what happens in September, and you will see the wrath of Baker and Co.!

For the record, technically not an expansion team, as they were an original AFL team. Expansion per se are the teams that came after the AFL/NFL merger, ala Tennessee, Jacksonville, et al. So......there is that.

greyghost1225 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

greyghost1225 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

Yes they have been an expansion team since 1999. All I can say is this is the longest it has taken an expansion team to win in the NFL, if they do.

By greyghost1225
4/09/2019 2:40 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
Can't change the past or things out of my control but yes, they have been absolutely pathetic and when they finally win it will be all that much amazing so lets see what happens in September, and you will see the wrath of Baker and Co.!

For the record, technically not an expansion team, as they were an original AFL team. Expansion per se are the teams that came after the AFL/NFL merger, ala Tennessee, Jacksonville, et al. So......there is that.

greyghost1225 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

greyghost1225 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

No, they were not an original AFL team, just because they retained the Browns name. Cleveland cried and filed lawsuits to keep the name. They had an expansion draft in 1999 to give the team players that makes them an expansion team. The original Browns are in Baltimore, just as the original Raiders will be in Las Vegas. It doesn't matter how much Oakland cries, if they were get another team(they won't) it will never be original.