The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Fans of X and Non-Fans of X

By Mcarovil
4/09/2019 2:44 pm
They retained everything. Name, records,entire history. Hey I get it. You’re not a fan. Cool.

By greyghost1225
4/09/2019 2:48 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
They retained everything. Name, records,entire history. Hey I get it. You’re not a fan. Cool.

Record books don't change when a team moves. The team is good, it is their fans that are full of bs. Don't be concerned I am finding out the NEW Raiders fans are the same way, one of the reason's my foot is out the door. Old time Raiders and Browns fans let their teams do the talking.

By AlexanDragon
4/09/2019 6:36 pm
tribewriter wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:
I really hate the toronto maple leafs and the boston bruins.

Theres always this one canadian who brings up hockey in a football thread, OMG!

They play each other in the first round. Whom do you root for? Or against?

Im just happy that at least one of them will be out by round 2 :)
Although I think id rather see the bruins beat the leafs to continue the drougth of idk how long since no second rounds. I hated the bruins badly when they were coached by claude julien, now he's our coach and the mentality changed. Big bad bruins is a thing of the past.

Best case scenario
-Boston in 4
-Marchand gets hit 100x times and receives a couple of pucks in the groin.
-Marchand gets cheap shoted a handfull of times to fulfill karma.

By SunBlaze22
4/09/2019 7:13 pm
All I'm going to say is that it sure sucks being a Dolphins fan.

By punisher
4/09/2019 7:56 pm
tribewriter wrote:
Having said that, are there any teams you really want to see lose every week?

i would like the YANKEES to lose every game and see their evil empire crumb.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/09/2019 8:30 pm
Mcarovil wrote:

Not trying to be a smarta$$ but how does this work? The old Browns (specifically Modell) moved everything to Baltimore players and all. They renamed themselves the Ravens and a couple years later, a new team is in Cleveland, one started from scratch. So how does the team starting from scratch have any history? And the collection of players known as the Ravens have no history, even though they are, in fact the old Browns?

It makes no sense whatsoever and it sounds like BS to me, even though I am aware it's true. Then again, this is the same NFL that feeds the public **** sandwiches on the regular.

By Mcarovil
4/09/2019 9:31 pm
Think if it as if the Browns stopped playing from 96-2001 then started up again. If that smells of BS then ok. End the day none of that really matters. You can call the Browns whatever you want.

raidergreg69 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

Not trying to be a smarta$$ but how does this work? The old Browns (specifically Modell) moved everything to Baltimore players and all. They renamed themselves the Ravens and a couple years later, a new team is in Cleveland, one started from scratch. So how does the team starting from scratch have any history? And the collection of players known as the Ravens have no history, even though they are, in fact the old Browns?

It makes no sense whatsoever and it sounds like BS to me, even though I am aware it's true. Then again, this is the same NFL that feeds the public **** sandwiches on the regular.

By PrivateSnowflake
4/10/2019 7:47 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
PrivateSnowflake wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers can BURN!!!

I second this 1000x.

For the record, the Steelers do not "travel". That's a myth. In over 150 games attended, I have never met anyone in Steelers garb who was from anywhere near Pittsburgh. They're just people that get a rise out of being "the jerk" or very large women betting on the fact that you won't punch them (even after they've hit you). I advise against taking anyone under 15 to an NFL game, but I would never take a kid to a game vs the Steelers bc of the profanity and violence is ratcheted up to a whole 'nother level.

Re: Bengals season tix for 15 years, gave them up because at age 40+, just couldn't take the NFL "experience" anymore. If you're looking to spend a Sunday afternoon packed in with people so drunk they can't hold onto their $10 beer and you can't sit down in your $100 seat because we're going to stand the whole time and "F**K YOU/STAND UP FA**OT" is the standard reply for ANYONE 8-80 then by all means, go for it.

One of the many reasons I gave up my Bengals tickets. Had seats in the end zone by the river, awesome seats but grew tired of the drunk scene. I already cater to drunks at work (I deliver pizza until 3 or 4 am, mostly drunk people late) and don't like dealing with them on my time. Not to mention ticket prices went up every year, as did parking, and I also like watching all the games on Sunday, not just the 1 I went to. By the time I get through traffic, it's 6:30 by the time I get home.

We were in the north end zone. Sat next to a couple from around Eaton, so I heard all about the long drives.

By vcr5150
4/10/2019 4:01 pm
Pernbronze wrote:

That's why I hate Tom Brady, he soaks up credit and really isn't that good. He's barely better than Mallet or Cassell. You watch his throws and decision making and it's cringe worthy. He's the NFLs ultimate receiver killer due to bad ball placement and throwing receivers straight into charging defenders. Brady has cool accolades but from a play and contribution perspective I'll never be able to consider him even in the GOAT QB conversation and struggle to definitively say he's elite.

Now THAT’S a hot take.

By Cdog13157
4/10/2019 5:23 pm
But we all know the Browns will win the Super Bowl in this up and coming season. Right?