The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Fans of X and Non-Fans of X

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/11/2019 3:53 am
Cdog13157 wrote:
But we all know the Browns will win the Super Bowl in this up and coming season. Right?

I doubt that but they have won the offseason.

By greyghost1225
4/11/2019 9:20 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cdog13157 wrote:
But we all know the Browns will win the Super Bowl in this up and coming season. Right?

I think the jets have. It terms of acquisitions that add wins the jets are potentially a plus 7-8 while the browns are potentially a plus 3-4. I give them a 3-4 just because the signed richardson. He is the only player they landed that is not injury prone. The browns already had steady wide receivers and pass rushers.

By Pernbronze
4/11/2019 9:42 am
greyghost1225 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cdog13157 wrote:

I think the jets have. It terms of acquisitions that add wins the jets are potentially a plus 7-8 while the browns are potentially a plus 3-4. I give them a 3-4 just because the signed richardson. He is the only player they landed that is not injury prone. The browns already had steady wide receivers and pass rushers.

I actually think the 49ers won the off-season, though I am biased. They are absolutely stacked with playmakers and they completely upgraded the entire defense. They don't even have a real need anymore.

By greyghost1225
4/11/2019 9:47 am
Pernbronze wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cdog13157 wrote:

I actually think the 49ers won the off-season, though I am biased. They are absolutely stacked with playmakers and they completely upgraded the entire defense. They don't even have a real need anymore.

They just need a qb, rb, and wr’s lol.

By Pernbronze
4/11/2019 12:46 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
Pernbronze wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cdog13157 wrote:

They have 2 starting Calibre qbs, they have 3 pro bowl level rbs and the best fb in the NFL. They have 3 solid starting receivers and arguably the best TE in the NFL. You were saying?

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/11/2019 1:22 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cdog13157 wrote:

That comment was more about the media spewing about the Browns than an actual opinion of mine. My opinion is it really doesn't matter who wins the offseason anymore than preseason records matter. It's something bestowed upon a team by media and/or fans.

To sort of prove my point, we've had replies stating the Jets won and the 49ers won.

By greyghost1225
4/11/2019 2:11 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
Pernbronze wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cdog13157 wrote:

They have 2 starting Calibre qbs, they have 3 pro bowl level rbs and the best fb in the NFL. They have 3 solid starting receivers and arguably the best TE in the NFL. You were saying?

lol, I love your views man. They have 2 starting calibre QB's, neither have played a 16 game season, including their 100 million dollar man who is 27 and played 26 games in his career, never in the playoffs(think Matt Cassel). I do think Mullens has potential at age 24 though. Their rb's are pro bowl level if 800 yards per season is pro bowl level(it is a favoritism contest don't watch it and don't put much credit in it). Every team says they have solid wide receivers, fb irrelevent. I never said they didn't have a TE or defense. Depending on which information you go by, their offensive line is either one of the best or mediocre. San Francisco is at best a .500 team in that division with whoever the QB is and that won't be getting them to the playoffs.

By greyghost1225
4/11/2019 2:30 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cdog13157 wrote:

That comment was more about the media spewing about the Browns than an actual opinion of mine. My opinion is it really doesn't matter who wins the offseason anymore than preseason records matter. It's something bestowed upon a team by media and/or fans.

To sort of prove my point, we've had replies stating the Jets won and the 49ers won.

Oh I get it, no one was talking about the Browns moves until they got Beckham(actually just Beckham) and Vernon. My point is they have been hurt the past 2 seasons, so if the fans are basing going to the Super Bowl because of them, they are mistaken. The Browns are a different team this season, they have a different coaching staff and have lost a olineman, lb, and cb, so let them win before they do the the talking. I think they could have stood pat, signed Richardson and got the same results.

My thoughts on the Jets is this. They have a very good head coach that didn't get ownership's help in Miami(one of my teams). They have a new coaching staff and they go out and sign Bell(27 minus one year of hits) and Mosely(26). Those two are building blocks that will be there the next 4-5 seasons. I don't think they are going to overtake the Patriots this season, but next year they surely can on their building pace.

The 49ers are a 6-10 record from replacing their GM and coach again.

By greyghost1225
4/11/2019 2:48 pm
raidergreg, keep in mind I lived and grew up in Dayton, so I understand the constant media pressure in the community from Cincinnati and Cleveland.

By greyghost1225
4/11/2019 3:17 pm
I don think it will be interesting if two extreme cases happen this season. What will be said if the Giants make the playoffs and the Browns don't?