The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1980 Good Game Thread

By CrazyRazor
9/24/2018 12:40 pm
tribewriter wrote:
You know I'm gonna look at my playlists now, right? ;) I had to cut out a lot of the blitzes that I used. Thought that one was one that got cut. Or it was one that I thought I couldn't live without. Not sure I remember which way I went with that one. The blitzes will absolutely kill you in this code if you overuse them.

Wait a minute. I thought you were the "blitz or die" guy who had vowed to send every available defender every single snap, or at least that's how I remember your teams.

This code changed that. I was getting crushed in games against good GM's. It was very frustrating to watch. I still blitz. Just not like every down anymore. ;)

By AlexanDragon
9/24/2018 12:51 pm
Gg smirty ! :p whats up with my cb3 nickel lb blitz thingy?

My teams are vicious to compensate from my real life pure heart :D
Last edited at 9/24/2018 12:55 pm

By CrazyRazor
9/24/2018 1:05 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
tribewriter wrote:
You know I'm gonna look at my playlists now, right? ;) I had to cut out a lot of the blitzes that I used. Thought that one was one that got cut. Or it was one that I thought I couldn't live without. Not sure I remember which way I went with that one. The blitzes will absolutely kill you in this code if you overuse them.

Wait a minute. I thought you were the "blitz or die" guy who had vowed to send every available defender every single snap, or at least that's how I remember your teams.

This code changed that. I was getting crushed in games against good GM's. It was very frustrating to watch. I still blitz. Just not like every down anymore. ;)

Update: I had the play in a few leagues and out of a few leagues. I put it back in all leagues. lol I gotta stay true to blitzkrieg. ;)

By CrazyRazor
9/24/2018 1:06 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:

If you overuse certain blitzes, teams/QB's will exploit it for BIG gains that usually result in TD's.

By AlexanDragon
9/24/2018 1:10 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:

If you overuse certain blitzes, teams/QB's will exploit it for BIG gains that usually result in TD's.

I always try to max out the ammount of plays used in both offense and defense. How do we know when we get an overuse penalty?

By CrazyRazor
9/24/2018 2:15 pm
It shows up in the play descriptions during the game. (Below the game film)

By tribewriter
9/24/2018 2:32 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:

A couple examples:
If the defense doesn't start mixing up their plays a bit more we might see more big gains like that one.
You can tell that the offense is starting to figure out how to beat that defensive play.
This is what happens when you keep calling the same offensive play.

By AlexanDragon
9/24/2018 2:57 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:

I never watch games... So it can take a while to realise i overuse a play lol

By Jaybo911
9/24/2018 3:11 pm
GG Generals. I hope this is a start of something special.

By Wolveraider
9/24/2018 5:03 pm
Good grief.....I mean Good game Force!

Well at least I scored some points this time...losing is one thing, but this is ridiculous.