The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1980 Good Game Thread

By trslick
10/30/2018 12:46 pm
GG Oklahoma

By Pernbronze
11/01/2018 1:10 am
GG wheels. I knew I shouldn't have thrown in those untested plays.

By Loftusranger
11/01/2018 4:09 am
GG Voodoo. Never looked like I would claw back your early lead in this game. Good D all game from your guys.

By CrazyRazor
11/03/2018 2:30 pm
GG greyghost/Voodoo. Washington kept it close until the 2nd half. I blame this loss on my offensive line. They seemed to be too affectionate with your defensive line. They had way too many holding calls and most of them were on big plays. Good luck in the championship!

By eyeballll
11/03/2018 8:10 pm
Good game, Snowflake! Note to self: Draft a defense... You were unstoppable!

By PrivateSnowflake
11/06/2018 7:23 am
GG greyghost. This was an even better game than the final score indicates. I was glad to get one more good run out of an aging roster. I'll chalk this one up to our D and especially Nathan Branch, who took a double-dose of 'roids before the game. Can't imagine Antonio Wilson coming back, boy, what a pick-up he became when I started here.

greyghost is back after rebooting his club after the '76 season. Looks like New Orleans is primed for a few more runs as we enter the '80s. Congratulations to greyghost on his second conference championship!

I'll say this league is closing a chapter and the decade of the 80's looks bright. Nearly all of the undefeated division rivals finally lost, a lot of new and terrific owners now have had a year to build, making this one of the more competitive leagues moving forward.

Hats off to tribewriter for everything he does to make this league so much fun!

PS.: Retirements, FA departures, trades, it doesn't matter. You better believe the 'Boats are going for the three-peat!

By tribewriter
11/06/2018 8:23 am
PrivateSnowflake wrote:
I'll say this league is closing a chapter and the decade of the 80's looks bright. Nearly all of the undefeated division rivals finally lost, a lot of new and terrific owners now have had a year to build, making this one of the more competitive leagues moving forward.

Congrats, PrivateSnowflake. Although you make it look easy, back-to-back championships in a competitive league is quite a feat.

I want to mention that Memphis endured three consecutive losing seasons before its current run of three consecutive division titles. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither were the Showboats.

Antonio Wilson only threw seven passes during his last two seasons as a backup with San Jose before signing with Memphis as a free agent. His QBR has been 95 or better in each of his three seasons with the Showboats and was almost 110 this year (at age 36).

By trslick
11/06/2018 11:03 am
Congrats Showboats!

By greyghost1225
11/06/2018 11:36 am
gg Memphis and congrats. A tale of two halves. A couple of miscues swung the game. Nice job and hope to see you again next season

By mwd65
11/06/2018 12:15 pm
Congrats on the repeat, PrivateSnowflake!