The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1980 Good Game Thread

By tribewriter
9/21/2018 8:07 am
Loftusranger wrote:
GG Oakland. You tore me off a strip there.
Banged up OL might explain an impotent offense but no idea what happen on D other than you went big, really big, not just big, but big big, then bigger than really smashed it. My D feels broken and it was hardly on the field. You only made 14 first downs for crying out loud !!!!
Doff my cap. Fantastic show, well done. Just got to get my act together for Tampa now. Sigh.

One place you could start to get your act together is by throwing Nickel Normal CB3 LB Blitz out of your defensive playbook.

When you were in that defense, you managed two sacks and held Oakland to 1 yard on a run. BUT, the other six Oakland plays against that particular defense went for SIX TD passes of 68, 62, 66, 58, 59, and 58 yards.

What we are finding in V04.3 is that a playbook audit every so often is absolutely necessary.

By Loftusranger
9/21/2018 8:16 am
Good spot. Interesting play that one as it has not been called at all in the previous two games and 3 times in the game before that without disaster so something set it off this time. Will try and delve deeper but I imagine it will be his O playbook.........

By jabillups85
9/21/2018 8:16 am
GG Panthers.

By tribewriter
9/21/2018 9:38 am
Loftusranger wrote:
Good spot. Interesting play that one as it has not been called at all in the previous two games and 3 times in the game before that without disaster so something set it off this time. Will try and delve deeper but I imagine it will be his O playbook.........

Look at all 12 of Oakland's TDs. They were all from the same personnel grouping ... 113. I don't know what defensive rules you are using against the 113, but I would take a hard look at them. If you aren't writing rules and letting the AI make the defensive calls for you, this is what happens sometimes.

By trslick
9/21/2018 12:32 pm
GG Smirt, I still don't like watching 4.3!

By Pernbronze
9/21/2018 3:08 pm
GG gold I got to get this team fine tuned.

By CrazyRazor
9/21/2018 9:27 pm
Booger926 wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
Booger926 wrote:
Good game Washington

GG Houston. I don't put much stock in pre-season games.

Well, what about the first game of the season?
Good game Washington

You won, right? That's why I don't put much stock in pre-season games. They don't mean a thing. The regular season is when it counts. Nice win. ;)

By SunBlaze22
9/21/2018 10:07 pm
Good Game Express. Nowlin played awesome. He completely shredded my terrible defense.

By mwd65
9/22/2018 3:53 pm
SunBlaze22 wrote:
Good Game Express. Nowlin played awesome. He completely shredded my terrible defense.

Thanks SunBlaze!

I agree, Nowlin was impressive. I'm trying a couple new things with my gameplan this season. I hope it will work out in the long haul.

Good luck the rest of the season.

By Booger926
9/24/2018 4:12 am
Good game Oklahoma