The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1990 season

By setherick
9/16/2020 8:16 am
I did a statistical breakdown of the Hitch vs the Flat Zone over the summer. The FZ completely shuts it down or it gives up a big play. There is very little in between.

By Smirt211
9/16/2020 8:17 am
That's what I meant by odd cadence. It leaned on the one play early.

17 total is due to scramble mode beyond that. Only 17 because I had to try and come back into the game.

By setherick
9/16/2020 8:18 am
Smirt211 wrote:
That's what I meant by odd cadence. It leaned on the one play early.

17 total is due to scramble mode beyond that. Only 17 because I had to try and come back into the game.

Oh, yeah, the play matrix is broken. It should even distribute plays, but it doesn't. It calls X play 10 times and Y play 0 if they are evenly weighted.

By Smirt211
9/16/2020 8:20 am
I didn't get a mix, he got a power-up off of it. (penalty acknowledged by the sim)

....and then it was off to the races, play from behind.

By CrazyRazor
9/16/2020 10:52 am
Smirt211 wrote:
Well, I had a great season by this league's lofty standards. Such a peculiar game. Got to playing from behind and it had an odd cadence which domino'd my offensive play calls. We didn't give up though and kept pushing. Defense definitely sucked early on but that was due to a great opposing offense and the tilt going the wrong way early. Good game, Crazy Razor.

Good luck in the title game!

Upon further review, definitely impressed you found the perfect (off the beaten path) offensive play call to ZAP!!! one of my plays. In-game injuries made it worse for me but when I lined it up just now...I was like f***, good job!

GG Smirt211. I wasn't sure how this would go. I'm NEVER sure how the playoffs will go. I've been expecting to lose each week. My playoff history screams "choke". I got one more game. A rematch from 2 seasons ago, I believe. Different GM, but the team is mostly the same.

By CrazyRazor
9/18/2020 1:23 am
GG Memphis. Didn't expect to win this one. Was hoping, but didn't expect it.

Congrats, tribewriter.

By tribewriter
9/18/2020 5:19 am
CrazyRazor wrote:

Congrats, tribewriter.

Thanks and congrats on making it back to the World Bowl. Your defense really came through in the red zone on several occasions where Memphis had to settle for field goals. The Memphis defense only gave up one really big play, which was probably the key.

By setherick
9/18/2020 6:53 am
tribewriter wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:

Congrats, tribewriter.

Thanks and congrats on making it back to the World Bowl. Your defense really came through in the red zone on several occasions where Memphis had to settle for field goals. The Memphis defense only gave up one really big play, which was probably the key.

Congrats tribe!

By Cjfred68
9/18/2020 10:51 am
Congrats Tribe on the title and great season Crazy!

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/18/2020 11:33 am
Congratulations tribewriter, you are now the first and latest USFL Champion. Not sure how many people here now realize this, but you were our league's first champ with the Florida Blazers.

Tribewriter joins Setherick as the only USFL owners to win the World Bowl with 2 different franchises.

This is Memphis's 5th World Bowl Championship with their 3rd different owner/GM.

The American Conference is now 14-3 in World Bowls all time.