The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1990 season

By tribewriter
9/14/2020 6:55 am
hollyhh2000 wrote:
GG Tribewriter / Showboats

So much for my high powered Offense, I got a pretty ****** nose today
Well deserved win, Good Luck next week in the battle of titans!

Thanks. The Memphis defense really showed up today.

The Showboats were also the recipient of some nice breaks, like recovering their own fumble on the 1-yard line (and recovering) (and scoring on the next play), an offsides penalty on San Jose on third-and-5, and a dropped sure-fire TD pass in the third quarter.

Congrats on a great season. You likely have at least one vote coming for Coach of the Year.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/14/2020 9:05 am
GG Smirt, haven't watched it but got the result I expected. Good luck to you.

By Smirt211
9/14/2020 9:08 am
Thank you, Greg.

Good game...I was 50/50 on it going in as you're always a huge mental challenge!

By CrazyRazor
9/14/2020 12:48 pm
4343 wrote:
GG Federals. You completely closed down my offense.

GG Baltimore. It's **** on my nerves every time we play.

By Smirt211
9/16/2020 4:10 am
Well, I had a great season by this league's lofty standards. Such a peculiar game. Got to playing from behind and it had an odd cadence which domino'd my offensive play calls. We didn't give up though and kept pushing. Defense definitely sucked early on but that was due to a great opposing offense and the tilt going the wrong way early. Good game, Crazy Razor.

Good luck in the title game!

Upon further review, definitely impressed you found the perfect (off the beaten path) offensive play call to ZAP!!! one of my plays. In-game injuries made it worse for me but when I lined it up just now...I was like f***, good job!

Last edited at 9/16/2020 4:19 am

By setherick
9/16/2020 6:59 am
GG Tribewriter! Time to make a few adjustments on offense.

By tribewriter
9/16/2020 7:48 am
setherick wrote:

Thanks, seth. This result really shows the value a few small defensive adjustments can give. Two weeks ago, Memphis surrendered 41 points and 493 yards to Portland. This time around, 13 points and 252 yards. And we are talking minor tweaks, not a complete overhaul.

By setherick
9/16/2020 8:04 am
tribewriter wrote:
setherick wrote:

Thanks, seth. This result really shows the value a few small defensive adjustments can give. Two weeks ago, Memphis surrendered 41 points and 493 yards to Portland. This time around, 13 points and 252 yards. And we are talking minor tweaks, not a complete overhaul.

I need to make adjustments on defense as well after skimming through the game log. I'm surprised at how you bottled up Rocq. I wonder how much of that was the Ankle injury. I know that injuries impact specific pieces of the game, so I wonder if Ankles affect Ball Carry and breakaway speed. Haven't really paid attention until now.

By Smirt211
9/16/2020 8:09 am
It does.

It messes with the breakaway ability and their explosion rate. WR, for example, lower half of the body (sub-70 rating in a hurt area) they'll execute the runs or catch the passes but it adds in other elements. Defender trapping them off from big gains, possibly factors into fumbling. (dependent on injury - more so hand injury) I don't mess with concussions which are pretty much a sit injury.

Arm - I could care less about. Neck - no effect but if it's 60-65 ish or lowish to play the player could see a knockout long term injury punch.

By tribewriter
9/16/2020 8:14 am
Smirt211 wrote:
Well, I had a great season by this league's lofty standards. Such a peculiar game. Got to playing from behind and it had an odd cadence which domino'd my offensive play calls. We didn't give up though and kept pushing. Defense definitely sucked early on but that was due to a great opposing offense and the tilt going the wrong way early. Good game, Crazy Razor.

Good luck in the title game!

Upon further review, definitely impressed you found the perfect (off the beaten path) offensive play call to ZAP!!! one of my plays. In-game injuries made it worse for me but when I lined it up just now...I was like f***, good job!

Going through this game log is fascinating and makes me want to hire Crazy Razor as my defensive coordinator.

New Orleans ran the 212 FL Hitch 17 times, including its first seven plays from scrimmage. Washington was in the 4-3 Normal Man OLB Flat Zone 10 times against the FL Hitch. They gave up one 51-yard completion, but otherwise New Orleans was 2-for-9 for 22 yards.