The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1990 season

By tribewriter
9/09/2020 1:07 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Gg Tribewriter. I started to watch the game and we took the opening kickoff and marched right down the field to like the 4 and promptly threw an interception in the endzone....then I shut it off!

My QB threw 4 interceptions all season before throwing 3 in the most important game of the season....oh well enjoy the bye and maybe we will meet again in the playoffs.

The turnovers totally skewed that game. You threw an INT in the end zone and my team fumbled while running out the clock at the end of the first half, leading to a Houston TD.

If there is a third meeting, hopefully the rolls will be a little more normal.

By Dogboyuk75
9/09/2020 3:09 pm
nice game denver,good luck all playoff teams

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/09/2020 3:36 pm
Bruno Wilson led the league in passing with almost 6,000 yards and was 2nd with 50 TD passes. David Allen was 2nd in yards and 1st in TD passes with 55.

Nicholas Dorey finished with 2,430 receiving yards, 3rd best all time. Dorey also caught 25 TD passes, 1 off the league record of 26.

Mark Lambert won the rushing title by 4 yards over rookie Walter Simmons.

We had 5 kick returners with more than 1 TD, and another KR had 1 TD on kick returns plus a punt return TD. Letting everyone know now, if your KR only had 1 TD, you'll need to write him in on the All Pro Ballot.

Portland had the sack leader again, although Frank Baker had just 20.

Douglas Russell led the league with 13 INTs, 4 more than anyone else.

By Smirt211
9/09/2020 3:42 pm
Only because of effort level and the fact I'll never match this again....in this the site's near, if not most competitive league....

Dorey's 35 Total Touchdowns (Rush/Receiving) blew the previous season high out of the water. (26)

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/09/2020 3:53 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Only because of effort level and the fact I'll never match this again....in this the site's near, if not most competitive league....

Dorey's 35 Total Touchdowns (Rush/Receiving) blew the previous season high out of the water. (26)

Not to mention all those 2 point conversions.

By Smirt211
9/09/2020 3:57 pm
Play knowledge.

My counterpoint is this. I commented on it when preparing for the game in the league so someone will know which game/what I'm talking about. Off-hand I forget which current upcoming game it is. Basically, AI set-up with no defensive risk leaning heavily on MAN Flat OLB Zone and other defenses where you can't get red bars. The team went 4-0 in preseason and in Game #1 the opponent could barely move the ball, as well.

AI has been made to become like this, overall. I'm not lying down to job to a system which is meant to have boring drives and aimless stat scenarios.

https://got.myfootballnow.com/team/11

Found it.

"12-4 and on fire HHH barely edged them. I feel bad for new users breaking in. AI is getting the short cut route and being made to reduce any mistakes as much as possible.

Good luck moving the ball on that. smh"

Last edited at 9/09/2020 4:02 pm

By pdoug20
9/09/2020 4:49 pm
GG Oakland!! Considering where we've been for most of my time in this league, I am beyond encouraged with how our season ended and the progress we've made, especially with the last play being a sack!! Now the work continues in the offseason to take that next step back into the playoffs!!

By Cjfred68
9/09/2020 4:52 pm
I still think Tony Dean had one of his best seasons....not in total yardage obviously, he finished 6th with 4,804 yards but in proficiency where he finshed 1st in QB Rating (127.03), yards per attempt (9.63) and TD to INT ratio (48-7) and 4th in completion percentage (70.3).

Alas, we lost twice to Memphis and have to settle for a 5th seed.

By setherick
9/09/2020 5:27 pm
Since we're throwing out stats, I'll live with 6.875. (Somewhere IoT is cursing me. It's fine.)

By CrimsonWolfZ
9/10/2020 9:49 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
Douglas Russell led the league with 13 INTs, 4 more than anyone else.

Good game Detroit! Definitely was a battle this season for the midwest.

Russell had an amazing season, he was the reason my team even had a chance of winning the midwest.
Last edited at 9/10/2020 9:50 am