The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1990 season

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/02/2020 1:50 pm
setherick wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
I'm going through the games, writing the blog when I came across the Portland/Oakland game. Portland had a player get 7 sacks, LB Frank Baker. I did not check where he lined up because he only has 76 speed, so no rule was broken. Oakland got destroyed twice last year by McKeon, so this tells me Oakland is still running the same offense

After all of the tense discussion over this matter, you gotta know you can't throw 80% of the time against Seth.

My game plan defaulted to a lot of 46 on downs when it shouldn't have because of my rule build not matching my defensive playbook. It'll be corrected by next game. In that, I'll still use a lot of 46, but not as much as I did.

You did nothing wrong. I just figured if I said nothing, someone might just see Baker's 7 sacks and get upset.

By Dogboyuk75
9/02/2020 4:45 pm
gg georgia best of luck for rest of season

By Dash
9/02/2020 5:48 pm
GG Charlotte

So something caught my eye this game. After looking through the boxscores i came upon the Drive charts. I noticed that Charlotte had scored a 3rd qtr TD but the game failed to give him credit in the drive charts for it, in fact the game gave me the credit for the score ( Not in the actual score but within the drive charts "Stats" Can't say i've ever seen that.

By pdoug20
9/02/2020 7:26 pm
GG Denver... 1st drive gave me some hope when we answered back right away, but then we only ended up with 5 1st downs and my top 5 tacklers were from the secondary, it usually tends to not bode well for us. Good luck the rest of the way!!

By setherick
9/02/2020 8:35 pm
Dash wrote:
GG Charlotte

So something caught my eye this game. After looking through the boxscores i came upon the Drive charts. I noticed that Charlotte had scored a 3rd qtr TD but the game failed to give him credit in the drive charts for it, in fact the game gave me the credit for the score ( Not in the actual score but within the drive charts "Stats" Can't say i've ever seen that.

It's likely the score happened after time had already expired for the quarter. Was the XP credited to the 4Q?

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/03/2020 3:33 am
Dash wrote:
GG Charlotte

Sometimes after turnovers, those drive charts get "flipped". I see it all the time, and it drives me crazy when trying to write the blog.

By vcr5150
9/03/2020 11:15 am
pdoug20 wrote:
GG Denver... 1st drive gave me some hope when we answered back right away, but then we only ended up with 5 1st downs and my top 5 tacklers were from the secondary, it usually tends to not bode well for us. Good luck the rest of the way!!

gg - we were fortunate to get the win. Looks like you are improving the Breakers.

By Cjfred68
9/03/2020 1:32 pm
Dash wrote:
GG Charlotte

I am League Admin for 6 leagues and this happens all the time for some reason. Its frustrating when trying to summarize a game. It usually shows as:

4 plays
-40 yards
Touchdown

Whenever I see that or something similar, I know I have to go to the game log and look at what happened.

By Smirt211
9/04/2020 3:28 am
Tough league.

That was the hardest game I've had getting yards and points while the flow was pushing as hard as it was....to get them.

Good game, Mac.

By Cjfred68
9/04/2020 8:20 am
No offense to the Bulls and the Maulers but "game of the week"? Really?

When the Storm play the Showboats!

Come on MFN!