The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1990 season

By Dash
8/31/2020 3:20 pm
trslick wrote:
GG Express

GG Slick

6 Turnovers wont get it done vs anybody, especially not you. Obviously QB is a glaring need for the Express and something to think about heading into the offseason. Express will be limping to the finish with very difficult games coming up including but not limited to Oakland and Baltimore.

Gl with your playoff run!
Last edited at 8/31/2020 3:20 pm

By Dogboyuk75
8/31/2020 4:24 pm
gg royce nice win for the stars defence they shut me down

By setherick
8/31/2020 6:13 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
setherick wrote:
Good game greg! Always a grind when we play.

Good game Seth, I'm surprised we won. Even with no Roquemore, I expected a lot of Willis to Wink. Good luck in the playoffs.

I'm not surprised. Roq is 3/4 of my offense.

---

Off topic, it's about to turn September, which means I'll be moving back to more of an auto-pilot mode.

By setherick
9/02/2020 6:53 am
GG Oakland. I feel lucky in that one. I thought I had switched HCs before the game (didn't double check), so I put in all of my rules and the game got called completely randomly on defense.
Last edited at 9/02/2020 6:54 am

By trslick
9/02/2020 9:39 am
GG San Jose

By hollyhh2000
9/02/2020 10:22 am
trslick wrote:
GG San Jose

Good game Honolulu!

Boy, losing that one hurts. I was prepared for a loss as some of my core guys were banged up, but to give it away after that comfortable lead, withmissing 2 makeable FGs and not doing anything with a golden opportunity after that late fumble. Ouch.

We will come after you in the rematch ;-)

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/02/2020 12:42 pm
I'm going through the games, writing the blog when I came across the Portland/Oakland game. Portland had a player get 7 sacks, LB Frank Baker. I did not check where he lined up because he only has 76 speed, so no rule was broken. Oakland got destroyed twice last year by McKeon, so this tells me Oakland is still running the same offense

After all of the tense discussion over this matter, you gotta know you can't throw 80% of the time against Seth.

By Smirt211
9/02/2020 12:45 pm
Weak I Normal All Go

Culprit.

Quick scan. It took on 5 sacks.
Last edited at 9/02/2020 12:46 pm

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/02/2020 12:49 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Weak I Normal All Go

Culprit.

Quick scan. It took on 5 sacks.

Yup, Oakland had way too many pass attempts, and a lot of the wrong ones at that. I just wanted to be the one to point it out so everyone knows no rule was broken.

By setherick
9/02/2020 1:43 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
I'm going through the games, writing the blog when I came across the Portland/Oakland game. Portland had a player get 7 sacks, LB Frank Baker. I did not check where he lined up because he only has 76 speed, so no rule was broken. Oakland got destroyed twice last year by McKeon, so this tells me Oakland is still running the same offense

After all of the tense discussion over this matter, you gotta know you can't throw 80% of the time against Seth.

My game plan defaulted to a lot of 46 on downs when it shouldn't have because of my rule build not matching my defensive playbook. It'll be corrected by next game. In that, I'll still use a lot of 46, but not as much as I did.