The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1988 good game thread.

By Mcarovil
4/29/2020 11:53 am
Yeah, i saw that but I still feel dirty.

raidergreg69 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:
I’m actually glad you won. I would have felt like a **** if we won with that punt block. I hope you know that I don’t adjust my ST rushers and wouldn’t be so childish to try and sneak an unfair advantage.

That said, I spent a fair amount of time in the gameplan last night. I think we held your offense enough to win, just that our offense went into a hole weeks ago and hasn’t been seen since.

Represent the division well! Pulling for you.

cyclonelomax wrote:
GG Mac, back and forth game , equal stats , I feel very lucky.

The punt was blocked by a LB weighing 237 lbs. This is an example of a LEGAL punt block.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/29/2020 11:56 am
Mcarovil wrote:

raidergreg69 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:
I’m actually glad you won. I would have felt like a **** if we won with that punt block. I hope you know that I don’t adjust my ST rushers and wouldn’t be so childish to try and sneak an unfair advantage.

That said, I spent a fair amount of time in the gameplan last night. I think we held your offense enough to win, just that our offense went into a hole weeks ago and hasn’t been seen since.

cyclonelomax wrote:

The punt was blocked by a LB weighing 237 lbs. This is an example of a LEGAL punt block.

You shouldn't feel that way since you didn't use the exploit.

By Mcarovil
4/29/2020 12:01 pm
I know. It was more jokingly. It’s ironic I never blocked a kick before all this drama and now we get a legit, part of the actual game, block. Too bad we couldn’t parlay it into the win.

raidergreg69 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

raidergreg69 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

cyclonelomax wrote:

You shouldn't feel that way since you didn't use the exploit.

By Smirt211
4/29/2020 1:10 pm
Wow, he still hasn't fixed it. They came in fast too (a tandem) you'd have thought it was DB types coming in there.

Alright, time to prepare for a cyclone without usage of my G-Force punt blocking techniques.

By Cjfred68
4/29/2020 1:18 pm
Good to see a legitimate punt block. An 80 speed 237 linebacker blocking a punt proves it can be done without over matching the sim.

By Smirt211
4/29/2020 1:25 pm
It's the same difference. Just creates a new cottage industry. I've flipped all my punt return screens to pass blocking. But just like with anything....**** me off and I'd replicate and prove a point.

You get 4 up front with higher level strength (80+) and 77+ speed with the LBs and then you buttress them with the wings nudging them forward for the punt blocks. Either all elite DBs with 94-95 speed or down the depth chart guys with high end speed on a 93+ level.

I could work with the new parameters but I won't unless someone rubs it in my face and prompts me.

Last edited at 4/29/2020 1:25 pm

By Infinity on Trial
4/29/2020 4:32 pm
I like that my CB1 knocked down two passes, came up with an interception and was credited with allowing 100% completions for passes thrown his way.

By RoyceR
4/29/2020 5:33 pm
I think a lot of times they come up to help a linebacker on swing passes but it's not their "guy"

By Cjfred68
4/30/2020 6:35 pm
Good luck tonight Alexandragon

By Cjfred68
5/01/2020 1:59 am
4 close games in the divisional round including a 3-0 win....Well played everybody!