The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1988 good game thread.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/17/2020 11:11 am
Good game Detroit. Ric Flair was hurt among many other offensive players, and I'm glad I didn't watch a 3-0 OT game. Good luck rest of the season.

By vcr5150
4/17/2020 1:18 pm
trslick wrote:
GG Arizona, the ground game on both sides was working!

that was the most maddening game I've watched in a long time. I don't know how many 3rd downs you converted on broken tackles. It's kind of funny - our recent game in another league was similar to this one in that one team got a very fortunate spin and the other team didn't get many breaks.

By Dash
4/17/2020 3:13 pm
Storm beat up on us, LAX fading fast with a difficult 2nd half schedule, Next up Thunderbolts. a Loss here will probably will end our season.

By Cjfred68
4/19/2020 8:20 pm
I'm fairly new to the league in comparison to others who have been here from the start.

Raidergreg has won an incredible10 straight division titles and is currently 1 game back with 4 to play. I will be following this with interest as we head down the stretch.

Long sustained success is difficult in this game and that's a streak worth celebrating.

4/19/2020 9:17 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
I'm fairly new to the league in comparison to others who have been here from the start.

Raidergreg has won an incredible10 straight division titles and is currently 1 game back with 4 to play. I will be following this with interest as we head down the stretch.

Long sustained success is difficult in this game and that's a streak worth celebrating.

Thanks! Looks like my streak might end this year. You weren't here for the allocation draft but I had one of the youngest teams in the league in the beginning. I intentionally went young and mostly defense first. I struggled somewhat the first few years but my team grew up together and that defense was the main reason for New Jersey's success.

The last few drafts haven't been very kind for us and the Generals are becoming mediocre. It's been a **** of a run but I'm more proud of the Generals playoff success, World Bowl excepted. Four straight conference championships and 6 of 8 is hard to do in most leagues, not to mention a league that's always full with lot's of talented GMs.

By Cjfred68
4/20/2020 1:46 am
3 games to go and its gonna be a wild finish as some teams with solid records are gonna miss the playoffs....especially in the National Conference!

4/20/2020 1:59 am
Cjfred68 wrote:
3 games to go and its gonna be a wild finish as some teams with solid records are gonna miss the playoffs....especially in the National Conference!

The playoffs come through New Jersey sort of. Last 2 weeks, the Generals (8-5) are @ Washington (8-5) and home vs Jacksonville (8-5). If I don't figure out how to improve my 25th ranked offense, we'll miss the playoffs for the first time in a decade.

By Dogboyuk75
4/20/2020 2:19 am
I’m loving the league and I’m loving the standard of coaching ,most of you guys are winners in previous leagues or at least better coaches so I love the fact that every rung up the ladder I move is gonna be well earnt .gregs dominance of our division is truly exceptional especially with a coach calibre of Royce in house .

By CrazyRazor
4/20/2020 2:48 am
GG Steamers/Loftusranger

4/20/2020 2:53 am
Good game Chicago