The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1988 good game thread.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/23/2020 3:07 am
pdoug20 wrote:
Well done on your complete destruction of us, Commish!! Once I get the hang of writing rules (and maybe finding a decent QB, among other things), hopefully I can get out of the cellar and see some daylight!! It's awfully dark and dank down here, but the Breakers will come out before we know it... lol

Thanks, hopefully my team can carry that momentum into the last 2 games and beyond. About your QB, imo you're starting the wrong one. Rhyne is by far your best QB even though Burns has better accuracy. The other 4 main categories Burns is lacking,,,arm strength/pass release and field of vision/look off defense.

One thing I noticed when scouting you is that you have no play variation within your personnel groups which makes it easy to defend against. It's no big deal to not use any 2 TE sets, but out of the 1-1-3, 2-3, 2-1-2, and 3-1-1 you pass exclusively. Mix in some running plays out of those groups to keep defenses honest.

Rules will help, and maybe I'll write a post about them if I get some time. I think there are already a couple rules posts floating in the general forums.

By Cjfred68
4/23/2020 3:45 am
A little rust sure but the fact Lambert is hurt makes it easier. He should be back come the playoffs if we meet again Infinity.

Glad to have you back.....sort of...I guess....no really
Last edited at 4/23/2020 3:47 am

By dfisherman
4/23/2020 6:23 am
Dash wrote:
GG Dfish

what an ugly 4th qtr, was tight till then but my guys faded down the stretch, Grats on the division title. Show em what the Pacific division is all about!

GG Dash. Really thought you had me after that first half. Your D played well.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/23/2020 7:03 pm
Good luck tonight CrazyRazor, the loser is likely out of the playoffs. I don't like our chances because my team hasn't performed up to my expectations most of the season and the injuries are piling up. A lot of my probables are borderline questionable with their body parts in the 50th percentile. Rudi Johnson's ankle is at exactly 50% but F it, he's playing.

Even if we somehow win twice and make the playoffs, I think we'll be one and done.

By CrazyRazor
4/23/2020 11:26 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Good luck tonight CrazyRazor, the loser is likely out of the playoffs. I don't like our chances because my team hasn't performed up to my expectations most of the season and the injuries are piling up. A lot of my probables are borderline questionable with their body parts in the 50th percentile. Rudi Johnson's ankle is at exactly 50% but F it, he's playing.

Even if we somehow win twice and make the playoffs, I think we'll be one and done.

Good luck, raidergreg. I'm hoping 4343 slips up & I can win out. I don't like to think about my chances here, either. I'm glad it's at my place.......kinda.

By Dogboyuk75
4/24/2020 4:06 am
Nice game breakers my guys turned in their worst performance since I’ve been in charge but that’s taking nothing away from your play calling or performance from your lads .good luck next week

By cyclonelomax
4/24/2020 4:15 am
GG Royce. you picked my guy 5 times. You must have his number.

By Mcarovil
4/24/2020 8:30 am
Nice road win JAX. We couldn’t stop you all game. Those 3rd and long conversions are absolute back breakers. You made Driggers look like his old self which is not good.

By Smirt211
4/24/2020 8:33 am
Health game coming to close out the season. Got to mush through this one.

By Hellbringer
4/24/2020 8:45 am
GG Crimson. You had some unlucky bounces this year. You're going to turn it around though bud